Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Zodiac signs - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zodiac signs

Default Re: Zodiac signs

Okay - so it was that obvious, eh? but then maybe I could be a sheep in Chinese astrology? I am not sure if they even have that animal... Yes I am an Aries - sometimes impetuous which can get me in trouble at times So how did you look up Aries/Rat...? I am Aries and Rooster (or Cock some say). I'll try Googling it. I take it you won't make it to the King Kon? I really want to go but hubby is not a big fan of Stephen King or really reading much at all - just the newspaper. So it is just a fantasy for me. Besides I have some weird medical procedure going on, on the 17th of July. It's called a "capsule endoscopy" - GntlGnt would probably know what that is (or Blunthead) as they are both nurses.\\\ Thanks for guessing my sign!

...Neesy, I'm sorry you won't be joining us-truly...but your hubbie needs to grow up...my wife is not the fan that I am, but she's coming along because she understands this is important to ME....as I have done with things that were important to HER that I really didn't care for...a marriage IS a two way street...as far as your procedure...this sums it up more succinctly than I would have:

Capsule endoscopy is a technology that uses a swallowed video capsule to take photographs of the inside of the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine. For capsule endoscopy, the intestines are first cleared of residual food and bacterial debris with the use of laxatives and/or purges very similar to the laxatives and purges used before colonoscopy. A large capsule-larger than the largest pill-is swallowed by the patient. The capsule contains one or two video chips (cameras), a light bulb, a battery, and a radio transmitter. As the capsule travels through the esophagus, stomach, and small intestine, it takes photographs rapidly. The photographs are transmitted by the radio transmitter to a small receiver that is wornon the waist ofthe patient who is undergoing the capsule endoscopy. At the end of the procedure, approximately 24 hours later, the photographs are downloaded from the receiver into a computer, and the images are reviewed by a physician. The capsule is passed by the patient into the toilet and flushed away.

Sorry to say Neesy, but the part about "clearing the intestines of residual food and bacterial debris by the use of laxatives and/or purges" was part of the test I had done, and it's, um, not fun. Not painful or anything, just time intensive. Don't plan on leaving the house for a few hours. You'll do fine. Sorry everyone if that was TMI. Just pretend you never read this...

...and look at it this way...it's the quickest way to shed some pounds known to medical science!...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...and look at it this way...it's the quickest way to shed some pounds known to medical science!...
    I lost 5 pounds doing the test prep. But then I was sick for a month and lost another 10 so that wasn't so good. Not that I don't have lots more to lose. It's my back-up for a really bad illness. But I did get a jump start on my pre King Kon event diet...

...Neesy, I'm sorry you won't be joining us-truly...but your hubbie needs to grow up...my wife is not the fan that I am, but she's coming along because she understands this is important to ME....as I have done with things that were important to HER that I really didn't care for...a marriage IS a two way street...
    Well said, Scottie! I'd have bought a plane ticket and come by myself.

Thanks for all that info. I told them at work I would start the cleansing part of the procedure on the 16th at noon and then it will be done on the 17th at the Health Sciences Centre. Don't worry about TMI - I have already had a gastroscopy and a colonoscopy (at the same 'sitting') so I am not new to the Pico-Salax stuff - but yah - I will be close to the washroom

p.s. - it's not really Andy's fault - the poor guy has been working like a dog up North and we have been apart quite a bit as a result. I do love my husband and I think I should have just planned ahead and broached the subject with him sooner. He hopes to have me fly up north to Baker Lake in August so I can see what it's like up there!
    Last edited by Neesy; July 6th, 2013 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Hey you guys rock! I hope to be at the next one ;-)

I guess I'm lucky; my hubby got some time freed up unexpectedly, and he didn't take much convincing at all. It might mean not getting to go elsewhere in December, but both of us need to get outta here for a while.

It also didn't hurt that I had a cheap companion ticket that was just begging to be used...

My astrological sign is Capricorn. I looked it up, and it said that I'm all about work. What a crock:

Capricorns are industrious, efficient, organized and won't make a lot of waves. They are scrupulous with details and adopt a rather conventional posture in business and in life. These folks feel best playing it safe, since this is a fail-safe way to get to the top -- eventually.
    Yeah, that's me, all right - playing it safe, never making any waves. As conventional as they come...

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    p.s. - it's not really Andy's fault - the poor guy has been working like a dog up North and we have been apart quite a bit as a result. I do love my husband and I think I should have just planned ahead and broached the subject with him sooner. He hopes to have me fly up north to Baker Lake in August so I can see what it's like up there!
    Where is Baker Lake, and what does he do up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Okay - so it was that obvious, eh? but then maybe I could be a sheep in Chinese astrology? I am not sure if they even have that animal... Yes I am an Aries - sometimes impetuous which can get me in trouble at times So how did you look up Aries/Rat...? I am Aries and Rooster (or Cock some say).
    I just googled it. Here are a couple of links to yours:

http://www.gotohoroscope.com/chinese...s-rooster.html

ARIES ROOSTER: This personality is bold and adventurous. They most often get what they want out of life and others. They are clever at putting all their abilities and energies into focus when it pleases them.

http://www.oocities.org/melissrad/pages/astro.htm#109. Rooster@Aries

109. Rooster@Aries
    Yin@Yang These fellows have Many uses. They are inventive. They take some of Monkey’s smarts. Of course, Rooster’s bravado makes the style think he takes all of Monkey’s smarts. Conviction, intensity, creativity in a mathematical way, bravery, ambition and contrivance, discovery, design, innovation, contraption, brainstorming and brainchilding are the gifts of the Rooster. Aries Fires only sparks and inspires more innovation. Albert R. Broccoli, Jack Black, Paul Reiser, Eric Clapton.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast