Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Zodiac signs - Page 6

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Zodiac signs

Default Re: Zodiac signs

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    OOPS Thread Hijack. Say sorry, It happens.

Post it , GNT.
    As a well balanced Libra you can see how this is relevant NN. I would love to hear his voice! I bet you it is very pleasant and mellifluous indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    As a well balanced Libra you can see how this is relevant NN. I would love to hear his voice! I bet you it is very pleasant and mellifluous indeed!
    I want to hear him say "mellifluous".
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    OOPS Thread Hijack. Say sorry, It happens.

Post it , GNT.
    ...yes dear...yourradioplace.com...go to stations, podcast center and that'll get the show I produce under "Dirt Racing Wrap-up"....or for my interviews, again go to stations and WBIK...somewhere in there should be my chats with Nugent and Alice Cooper...

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I want to hear him say "mellifluous".
    ...melll-loofa-lush, mell-flush-it, mell-flew-it, mell-flower-shop...DAMMIT!!!.....

I'm feeling lonely--no other Aquarians so far.

Aquarians are the perfect representatives for the Age of Aquarius. Those born under this sign have the social conscience needed to carry us into the new millennium. These folks are humanitarian, philanthropic and keenly interested in making the world a better place. Along those lines, they'd like to make the world work better, which is why they focus much of their energy on our social institutions and how they work (or don't work). Aquarians are visionaries, progressive souls who love to spend time thinking about how things can be better. They are also quick to engage others in this process, which is why they have so many friends and acquaintances. Making the world a better place is a collaborative effort for Aquarians.

Aquarius is symbolized by the Water Bearer. In much the same way that the Water Bearer brings that precious liquid as a gift, Aquarians shower the world with their thoughts and new ideas. Luckily for Aquarians (and the rest of us), they are at a near-genius level, so their minds churn out some amazing things. Their thought process is also inventive and original. While Aquarians are happy to bestow these ideas as a gift with no strings attached, they are much happier when the rest of the world agrees with them. Naysayers will quickly find out that Aquarians can be impatient, even temperamental, with those who disagree. Yes, these folks can be quite fixed in their opinions, in keeping with the Fixed Quality assigned to this sign. Even though Aquarians are happy to give, and they do, it's often on their terms and within their comfort level. Generally, that means ample space, since these folks are freedom-loving and individualistic and need to roam (and yes, they do enjoy travel). While Aquarians are generally sympathetic and compassionate, they like it when things go their own quirky way. Some might call their behavior eccentric (and they would be right), but when you consider that the Aquarian's heart is truly in the right place, a few oddities should be overlooked. In their own way, Aquarians treasure their many friends and acquaintances and want to give back as much as they can.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

Scorpio:

Scorpio is the eighth Sign of the Zodiac. After Libra's intellectual exploration of other people, Scorpio's interest is in discovering other people's emotions and how they respond to the world around them. Scorpio is the Sign of Sex and Death, the beginning and ending of things, and they explore these ideas from an emotional standpoint. People born under this Sign are investigative and probing, often strongly intuitive and penetrating. As the eighth Sign, Scorpio also rules the eighth House: the House of Sex.

The Astrological Symbol of Scorpio is the Scorpion. Like the mythical Scorpion, people born under this Sign tend to be strong-willed and wary of being controlled by others. At times they can be self-destructive, like the Scorpion who kills itself rather than letting someone else kill it. They are very determined, and once they've made up their minds they are unlikely to change them. They tend to be stubborn, refusing to give up when others have long since gotten bored and abandoned a project, and getting things done when no one else thought it possible. In this way, Scorpio exemplifies the Fixed Quality assigned to it. They are one of the Power Signs (the others being Taurus, Leo and Aquarius). Scorpios tend to have their own agenda, and work intensely to achieve their desires. People who wish to change a Scorpio's mind often have trouble because they can never be sure what their motivation is; Scorpios are too complex and sometimes secretive to be understood easily. Within the Zodiac, Scorpio is opposite Taurus, the Sign of Possessions. While both Signs can be possessive, Taurus is concerned with personal property and Scorpio tends to be about community resources and group investments. They are very resourceful and self-confident.
    The Element associated with Scorpio is Water. Water Signs are emotional: they tend to respond to the world through emotion, rather than physical action, practicality, or intellect. Scorpio's motto could be "still water runs deep." They may repress their emotions, but underneath they are lusty and perceptive. At times, though, Scorpio's water can be stagnant, depending on whether they use their energy in a positive or negative way. They may be vengeful or vindictive and unable to get past personal slights. Scorpios are motivated and loyal, but they are often misunderstood and people may see them as dictatorial or sarcastic. If they have an ulterior motive, they can be overbearing, but in a subtle, sly, or manipulative way. Scorpios are both mystical and scientific, a combination that makes them very aware of what is happening around them; they are a Sign of great depth. If they aren't careful, though, their passionate nature may lead them into self-indulgence or compulsion.
    Scorpio rules the reproductive organs. People born under Scorpio may be more susceptible to infections and fevers than people of other Signs. Scorpio's colors are powerful and strident, like Scorpions: black and red.

In their leisure time, Scorpios enjoy competition and challenge. They aren't satisfied with moving along at half speed or lowering their abilities to allow people with lesser skills to beat them. They enjoy difficult pursuits that challenge them to excel, and they refuse to settle for being anything less than the best. In love relationships, Scorpio is caring, devoted, and possessive.

The great strength of the Scorpio-born is in their determination to see things through to the end. They refuse to allow boredom to turn them away from projects, and they are committed to accomplishing what they set out to do. Their passion and strength makes them one of the most powerful characters of the Zodiac.

I am a Scorpion and as my husband can tell you I can be very stubborn and I find this last description of Scorpio to be true of me, I am always determined to accomplish whatever I start...and I am also very possessive about people/things that I love....not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Queen View Post
    Scorpio:
    I am a Scorpion and as my husband can tell you I can be very stubborn and I find this last description of Scorpio to be true of me, I am always determined to accomplish whatever I start...and I am also very possessive about people/things that I love....not sure if that's a good thing or bad.
    Aha yea lol...

The original eighth Zodiac sign was the Eagle! Fact! The See Eagle and water element unlike the scorpion. Why was it changed to a scorpion? I know. Do you?

Scorpions have "two lobster-like claws"(1) and when a scorpion captures its victims with its claws, it "inflicts a disabling sting with its tail"(2) Scorpios are thought to be rather cunning, and sometimes revengeful.Dual nature of Scorpio: A second symbol for Scorpio is the Eagle. The Golden Eagle "has been regarded from ancient times as a symbol of courage and power". (3) The eagle represents clear vision, intelligence, and power. It is a majestic bird, and also symbolizes freedom. Scorpios, with their perceptiveness, have the potential to "see" things more clearly than others. How they handle the power of this vision will depend on whether they are at the level of a scorpion or an eagle!Scorpio's glyph, or symbol, looks like a letter M with a tail. The curves show the grounded nature of the sign, ending in an upward-turned arrow, symbolizing the need for action and the striving for something higher. Some believe the symbol represents the male genitals -- the sign of Scorpio is strongly connected to sex.

I am not sure what you mean or if this is what you are referring to... here is some info. It is weird but a previous boyfriend was a Scorpio and he was very drawn to the symbol for an eagle.
    Maybe just a coincidence

Libra-Not sure how balanced I am.

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

Quote Originally Posted by Ayko View Post
    Aha yea lol...

The original eighth Zodiac sign was the Eagle! Fact! The See Eagle and water element unlike the scorpion. Why was it changed to a scorpion? I know. Do you?
    No, I don't know why it was changed, Ayko, that's interesting...why was it?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast