Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
PEERBLOCK

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: PEERBLOCK

Default PEERBLOCK

Recently installed Peerblock on my computer and noticing that I am unable to "like" comments in thread. Is there a IP address or ? I need to "allow" for this site to make it run better? Im not very computer savvy so any response needs to be phrased in blonde, please! LOL Thanks Jordan, any input is appreciated.

Default Re: PEERBLOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnlyn View Post
    Recently installed Peerblock on my computer and noticing that I am unable to "like" comments in thread. Is there a IP address or ? I need to "allow" for this site to make it run better? Im not very computer savvy so any response needs to be phrased in blonde, please! LOL Thanks Jordan, any input is appreciated.
    Todash is very good with this type of problem/question. I think she works with computers full time (??). Maybe send her a visitor message or a PM? Good luck!

...sound like a roll-on, that keeps unwanted peeps away for a full 24 hours!...

I'm not familiar with peer block, but it's odd that it's blocking javascript on this site. You could try adding stephenking.com and/or 67.192.185.138 to your whitelist.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Gee - a whitelist? I had to look this up and found out it is the opposite of a blacklist (I still don't really get it - sort of). I know I add people to my address book in email but I don't know a lot about javascript etc. Anyway - good luck with this Autumnlyn. You'll figure it out by trial and error I am sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Gee - a whitelist? I had to look this up and found out it is the opposite of a blacklist (I still don't really get it - sort of). I know I add people to my address book in email but I don't know a lot about javascript etc. Anyway - good luck with this Autumnlyn. You'll figure it out by trial and error I am sure!
    Would love to have the URL for that image, Mz. Neecy. Oh, it is the perfect picture of my feelings towards my computer most of the time!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    Would love to have the URL for that image, Mz. Neecy. Oh, it is the perfect picture of my feelings towards my computer most of the time!!
    Oh shoot - I wish I could remember. A good way to find images is just go on to Google and when it pops up click on the second tab over that says 'images' (right next to 'web'). This is probably laughably obvious to some but it took someone at work a while back to point that out!
    Happy hunting! If I could remember where that image is from I would point you in the right direction.
    I also find that now I have Windows 8 that helps too (thanks to my hubby!)

I am over 50 (yikes) and have only had a home computer for 10 years so I learn new things all the time!

I right clicked on the image and chose "properties" and the following came up: http://www.digitalfusionmag.com/arti...puter_hate.jpg Good luck
    Last edited by Neesy; July 9th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

Is this funny or just sick? Sorry - I have a dark sense of humour

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post

Right click on the image and pick "save as backround" Wallpaper you gotcha! Or the same right click and hit and copy "properties" and there is your URL.
    Last edited by not_nadine; July 9th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.