This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Danse Macabre now!!!

Default Re: 2013 Danse Macabre now!!!

Not until after he's written two or three more Dark Tower books, though, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantburnette View Post
    Not until after he's written two or three more Dark Tower books, though, maybe.
    Is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fudd View Post
    Is that even possible?
    Dude's publishing two novels this year alone, so yeah, it's possible.

Dude's publishing two novels this year alone, so yeah, it's possible.
    I wasn't very clear in my comment. I wasn't questioning SK's proliferative ability as much as, could The Dark Tower take any more volumes? The story seems complete to me. I'd hate to see the story get the Rocky treatment or suffer the Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm street syndrome. Dark Tower has an ending. I guess that ending could lend itself to continual sequels, but at some point it's just going to get old. Personally I'd rather just read the series over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fudd View Post
    I wasn't very clear in my comment. I wasn't questioning SK's proliferative ability as much as, could The Dark Tower take any more volumes? The story seems complete to me. I'd hate to see the story get the Rocky treatment or suffer the Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm street syndrome. Dark Tower has an ending. I guess that ending could lend itself to continual sequels, but at some point it's just going to get old. Personally I'd rather just read the series over again.
    Well, to each his own and all that, but I think The Wind Through the Keyhole showed that there is plenty of gas left in that particular tank. I think it could take it and then some. Naturally, it's dependent upon Mr. King's interest in writing them.

Personally, I don't care what he writes. I read every book he publishes, and can only think of maybe one instance in which I felt like I didn't get much out of the experience. So if he wants to write more Dark Tower that's cool, and if he doesn't, well, that's cool too. He could a detailed history of Beanie Babies and I'd read it!

Well, to each his own and all that, but I think The Wind Through the Keyhole showed that there is plenty of gas left in that particular tank. I think it could take it and then some. Naturally, it's dependent upon Mr. King's interest in writing them.

Personally, I don't care what he writes. I read every book he publishes, and can only think of maybe one instance in which I felt like I didn't get much out of the experience. So if he wants to write more Dark Tower that's cool, and if he doesn't, well, that's cool too. He could a detailed history of Beanie Babies and I'd read it!
    I haven't read anything beyond Duma Key (I got busy a few years ago) and hadn't heard about The Wind through the Keyhole. Thanks for the heads up. Where does the story pick up? Is it mid stream or does it take place after the original ending? I think the Beanie Babies could be worked well into The Regulators. What was the story you didn't care for?

I didn't get much out of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, and was kind of glad when it was over. Definitely not a bad book, just not one that I responded to personally.

The Wind Through the Keyhole technically takes place between IV and V, but the majority of the novel is a flashback to one of young Roland's adventures (and the majority of THAT is a fairy-tale-type story young Roland tells somebody). Great stuff.

...considering all the experts here, Steve will never have to come up with another idea-EVER....

I have an idea! Why doesn't Steve.... just foolin' :P

Wouldn't it be nice to have Kings talent and mind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast