Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Firestarter Sequel

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Firestarter Sequel

Default Firestarter Sequel

Hello fellow SK readers! I'm very much looking forward to "Doctor Sleep", it'll be intersting to see what's happened to young Dan since we last saw him. But of all of King's books, "Firestarter" is the one I'd most like to read a sequel to. Anyone else like to see this??

Default Re: Firestarter Sequel

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    But of all of King's books, "Firestarter" is the one I'd most like to read a sequel to. Anyone else like to see this??
    YES! A Firestarter sequel could be as good or even better than the original. Maybe SK will start more sequels

I'd read it in a heartbeat.

Drew Barrymore can play Charlie as an adult. I'd go see it in another heartbeat.

Yeah, sure, I'd read it.

...as much as I'd like to re-visit Charlie and "The Shop", I'm more interested to see in what new directions Unca Steve will go before he writes his final conclusion..

Well, there's a rumor that Charlie might appear in Doctor Sleep, so who knows...

I remember a movie Firestarter 2: Rekindled. I know it really does not have anything from Stephen King in it, but still I remember watching a movie a few times and I kind of liked it. I thought it was a nice sequel to the story, everything was quite consistent with the original story there.

And as for Doctor Sleep, I would really love it if Charlie appeared there... But who knows, who knows,,, We will wait and see it.

Thanks! I have never managed to see the film version of Firestarter so a sequel to that wouldn't have been on my horizon .... maybe I should check both down!

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of Charlie appearing in Doctor Sleep. I think I would rather see two distinct books than a joint sequel - though that's probably got more to do with me being greedy for as many new SK books than anything else!!