Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone else surprised that Stephen King never wrote a mummy-related story?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else surprised that Stephen King never wrote a mummy-related story?

Default Anyone else surprised that Stephen King never wrote a mummy-related story?

I know that the title demon in It transforms into a mummy but other than that, not a single one of Stephen King's hundreds of short stories, novels or screenplays has the main characters facing the threat of a mummy or an ancient Egyptian curse through a career than spans 40 years!

And on top of that, King has written only one, single werewolf story!

For being the master of horror, King mostly writes about hauntings and demons and the occasional vampire or alien but not much else.

Default Re: Anyone else surprised that Stephen King never wrote a mummy-related story?

I never noticed the lack of mummies.

Default Re: Anyone else surprised that Stephen King never wrote a mummy-related story?

For being the master of horror, King mostly writes about hauntings and demons and the occasional vampire or alien but not much else.
    ...well, not to sound overly pedantic-but there's also a werewolf in IT, and "occasional" vampires???....do these novels and stories maybe ring a bell?...[I]'Salem's Lot, Wolves of the Calla, Song of Susannah[/I],"One for the Road", "The Night Flier", "Popsy", and "The Little Sisters of Eluria" to name but a few...and horror takes many forms-no-one, except apparently you-ever limited it to just iconic monsters...to say "not much else" is not only offensive, but unfounded...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Moncrieffe View Post
    I know that the title demon in It transforms into a mummy but other than that, not a single one of Stephen King's hundreds of short stories, novels or screenplays has the main characters facing the threat of a mummy or an ancient Egyptian curse through a career than spans 40 years!

And on top of that, King has written only one, single werewolf story!

I think this may also be because many of Stephen's stories describe the 'human monster/s'.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Don't forget the mummy in IT!

John

I guess I'm not mummy deficient. I have not had a yearning for SK mummies.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I think this may also be because many of Stephen's stories describe the 'human monster/s'.
    You're right, Flake... Mr King's human monsters are much more horrifying than mummies.

I like SK's stories about conventional monsters. He always adds an unexpected twist. But the stories in which he creates his own urban legends are my favorites

I want my mummy!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post

The scariest part in any SK book for me was in Gerald's Game. I'll try to give anything away, but after reading that one, I was constantly checking the corners in my bedroom.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast