This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Maximum Overdrive

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    143

    Default Maximum Overdrive


    In 1987, a rogue comet passes over North Carolina and causes a mechanical disaster amongst vehicles and other stationary devices, such as drawbridges, garden appliances, vending machines and minor household appliances.


    This being Stephen King's directorial debut, it stars Emilio Estevez, Pat Hingle and Yeardley Smith, and a collection of Stephen's favorite band at the time, AC-DC.

    Yeardley Smith as a newlywed completely cracks me up..!

    I can't speak for anyone else, but I think this movie is great.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Maximum Overload.

    Maximum Overload
    ...ummm...how's 'bout Maximum OverDRIVE luv?.......maximum overload gave me a brain burst of a fat person in too little spandex...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Maximum Overload.

    ...it WAS kitchy cool!....loved the "Happy Toyz" Goblin Truck...



    ..and lest we forget..Unca Stevie losing an argument with one of the new machine overlords...


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Maximum Overload.

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...ummm...how's 'bout Maximum OverDRIVE luv?.......maximum overload gave me a brain burst of a fat person in too little spandex...
    Aww.., man..! It's okay - I got it sorted out, (thanks, J!) apart from the additional posts..! I always get that word wrong! At least you had a laugh - it was funny!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Maximum Overload.

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...it WAS kitchy cool!....loved the "Happy Toyz" Goblin Truck...



    ..and lest we forget..Unca Stevie losing an argument with one of the new machine overlords...

    Classic line: "Hey, Honey... this machine called me an A$$HOLE(!)"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: Maximum Overload.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceefor View Post
    Aww.., man..! It's okay - I got it sorted out, (thanks, J!) apart from the additional posts..! I always get that word wrong! At least you had a laugh - it was funny!
    Oh sorry, Ceefor, when I saw that come in I thought it was intentional! My bad.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Maximum Overload.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Oh sorry, Ceefor, when I saw that come in I thought it was intentional! My bad.
    ...see what happens when ya think???...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    3,901

    Default Re: Maximum Overload.

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...see what happens when ya think???...
    Oh you don't even know the half of it....
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Posts
    841

    Default Re: Maximum Overdrive

    It's a terrible, terrible movie.

    But in a glorious way. I love it! It's fun as hell, and in the end, that's all that really matters.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outside the dome
    Posts
    1,259

    Default Re: Maximum Overdrive

    NOOOooooo !

    a hex...a pox...a few other oxes...preferably rabid ones on yer scrawny hide, varmint !!

    me luvs this cur...!!

    but you are quite right, BTB: while...ahem...not quite 'a' level ...it is glorious in its' revelries !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •