Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Child's name Messiah....... - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Child's name Messiah.......

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outside the dome
    Posts
    1,259

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    i don't know, Lil...
    i was talking to my good friend Ted DeMountaine...he is getting married to a pretty young thing Theresa Wentou...
    they were talking about having kids and naming them and such; he'd like to go religious, and being a devout yet liberal muslim, he likes mohammed...she, on the other hand is the last of her family line and would like to use her family name, to further, in some way, the legacy

    after much banter and bickering...i stepped in to stop the two young lovebeirds from fighting so and told them that Mohammed Wentou DeMountaine was a fine name...what do you think ?

    (why do i deeply regret that ??)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, United States
    Posts
    2,932

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    Stupid choice on the parents' part but none of the judge's business.
    The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect/The way you live, the gifts that you give/In the fullness of time/It's the only return that you expect

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    936

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Reason4Happenings View Post
    I just heard about this today, and my first thought was that hispanic people name their boys Jesus all the ime. (Pronounced "Hey Soos") I don't think this is any different. The name "Joshua" comes directly from Jesus' Hebrew name "Yeshua." Etc, etc, etc. "Messiah" (In my opinion) is less offensive than these other names because it's a title and not a name.
    If I remember correctly from my days in Catholic school....Jesus was a very popular name a little over 2000 years ago.

    (My youngest son went to school with a brat....ummm,, I mean kid......named King.)

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory
    Posts
    2,805

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,210

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    Quote Originally Posted by guido tkp View Post
    i don't know, Lil...
    i was talking to my good friend Ted DeMountaine...he is getting married to a pretty young thing Theresa Wentou...
    they were talking about having kids and naming them and such; he'd like to go religious, and being a devout yet liberal muslim, he likes mohammed...she, on the other hand is the last of her family line and would like to use her family name, to further, in some way, the legacy

    after much banter and bickering...i stepped in to stop the two young lovebeirds from fighting so and told them that Mohammed Wentou DeMountaine was a fine name...what do you think ?

    (why do i deeply regret that ??)
    Oh, that hurt.
    You've been hanging out with my father again, haven't you??
    -It's no worse than Dad's description of Gandhi, one he apparently learned from Bert in Mary Poppins: super-calloused fragile mystic plagued with hallitosis.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I prefer old biblical names...that is my personal taste.
    Except for "Dorcas" - I've never really liked that one!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    I have to agree with the judge here (Seems I am the only one?)

    If you can legally call your child Messiah, then you can NOT stop the next couples naming their kids Satan, Nosferatu, Lucifer... Or how about God? If you can have Jesus and Messiah, you can also have God. Then where would you be? Jesus for hispanics is different because it already IS a name there, same with Mohammed for Muslims. Here in the Netherlands there are also names you can NOT give your child, by law.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky
    Posts
    5,859

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Bottigliero View Post
    If you can legally call your child Messiah, then you can NOT stop the next couples naming their kids Satan, Nosferatu, Lucifer... Or how about God? If you can have Jesus and Messiah, you can also have God.
    Absofreakin'lutely!!!
    There was another comment on here somewhere about folks needin' some "conforming", that and this kinda thinkin' scares, nay, terrifies, the ever lovin' crap, snot, and complete & total bejeezus out of me.
    Well thanks ever so much, butt NO thanks, no really, it simply just ain't my style, so I think I'll just continue on my merry heathenish non-conforming way, but hey now, don't let that stop y'all practitioners of magic's & mysticism's and all that faithy stuff from have a really good time, I mean it never has before, so I just gotta figure.......

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,335

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    Messiah is not OK, but North West is?!

    OK then...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Child's name Messiah.......

    Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Absofreakin'lutely!!!
    There was another comment on here somewhere about folks needin' some "conforming", that and this kinda thinkin' scares, nay, terrifies, the ever lovin' crap, snot, and complete & total bejeezus out of me.
    Well thanks ever so much, butt NO thanks, no really, it simply just ain't my style, so I think I'll just continue on my merry heathenish non-conforming way, but hey now, don't let that stop y'all practitioners of magic's & mysticism's and all that faithy stuff from have a really good time, I mean it never has before, so I just gotta figure.......
    I really have NO idea if you just agreed or disagreed with me there I'm sorry My English is very good, but this one got me...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •