Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Something strange about this... - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something strange about this...

Default Re: Something strange about this...

Quote Originally Posted by campbell2013 View Post
    You've been here before. Oh, yes, I never forget that user name. And I want to say Thank You for continuing to follow my adventures. I just finished up, well, quite the high powered one in Castle Rock. Here are my thoughts:

I read the Sun Dog before Needful Things...so I was hyped with anticipation! For the most part, the integration of "Pop" Merrill was awesome, very clever. There was one thing that I thought was going to happen, so maybe this qualifies as an alternate ending idea/thought it was going to happen. There is a scene at the Camber farm where the person there thinks they see a dog with red eyes, growling...at that moment I thought it was Guant, which I think it might have alluded to...and this intrigued me...especially at the end of the sun dog...I, for quite a few pages imagined Leland Gaunt being the DOG that was captured by the camera at the end....just a thought I was throwing around as I was reading and I think because I was thinking..this was a great story! I was always guessing! By the way, did anyone else wonder if there was anything strange about the polaroid [ictures of the crime scene? Was that the camera from Needful Things store/the sun dog ending? Did I miss the answer?

Well, I truly enjoyed my stay in Castle Rock...I am not sure where I am headed next...there was just something about this place..it kind of Grows On You...know what I mean? (did anyone get that? Ms. Mod? you would make my day if you got the connection )
    It Grows on You from Nightmares and Dreamscapes about a house in Castle Rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    It Grows on You from Nightmares and Dreamscapes about a house in Castle Rock?
    Awesome! Day is made!

My first, and still my favourite, of Stephen King's novels. I love the way the chapters switch from one scene to another, keeping the suspense going as I yearn to find out what happens next. A real page turner - and what characters! I've met so many of them in real life - beautifully drawn.

I keep thinking about this book - there's a now-vacant shop a couple of hundred yards from where I live. It used to be the worst Chinese takeaway in the whole town (it actually had one star, and god knows how it got that) till it closed nearly a year ago. It has evidently changed hands, but the refurbishment has been as slow as it is intriguing. A few weeks back, workmen came in and dug out a deep trench (they were at least waist-deep) through the shop, and a huge quantity of flexible metal trunking of huge diameter (a couple of feet at least) were laid in the trench. Now the windows have been whitewashed, so its future use is still a mystery.
    I expect I'll eventually find out it's something very ordinary, but as I walk past, it's great to imagine that it might sell Needful Things!

Needful Things is one of my favorites. I think a re-read is in order!

I went to the places in the movie Needful Things. It was filmed in Gibson's Landing, British Columbia.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I went to the places in the movie Needful Things. It was filmed in Gibson's Landing, British Columbia.
    Did you see Nick and Relic?

Yep ...and I was in Molly's Reach.

So to get back to the topic of Derry - even in his book 11/22/63 he visits Derry and says it was a spooky creepy place with a bad vibe.

The first time I read 11/22/63 I had not read "It" yet so I did not get the references to

Derry and the kids being killed, etc. plus I did not recognize Bev and Ritchie
    !

I think he sort of based Derry a little bit on Bangor Maine? Even the people who went to the KingKon last summer said it seemed like a weird place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12