Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rizzoli and Isles star dies

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Rizzoli and Isles star dies

Default Rizzoli and Isles star dies

This comes as a complete shock to a fan of the show. May he be at peace.

'Rizzoli & Isles' star Lee Thompson Young dead at 29
    Published August 19, 2013FoxNews.com

Lee Thompson Young appears in "Rizzoli & Isles." (EDDY CHEN © TURNER ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKS, INC. A TIME WARNER COMPANY. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.)
    Lee Thompson Young, who starred in Disney’s “The Famous Jett Jackson” and most-recently in TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles,” has died, his manager told FOX411. He was 29.

Young’s body was discovered by his landlord, according to TMZ, after his co-stars from “Rizzoli & Isles” requested someone check in on the actor when he did not show up for work. His death appeared to be a suicide, TMZ reports.

Law enforcement officials told FOX411 they could not comment on Young's death at this time.

“It is with great sadness that I announce that Lee Thompson Young tragically took his own life this morning," longtime manager Jonathan Baruch said in a statement. “Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed. We ask that you please respect the privacy of his family and friends as this very difficult time.”

The South Carolina native got his big break when he starred as the title character in “The Famous Jett Jackson” from 1998 to 2001. He then appeared in the Disney flick “Johnny Tsunami.”

Young also appeared on the TV shows “Smallville” and “Scrubs.”

He played detective Barry Frost on “Rizzoli & Isles.”

Default Re: Rizzoli and Isles star dies

What a shame--only 29. Way too young.

I've never

Even the show, but 29 is way to young to be taken. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

So, so sad.

...my boys used to watch him all the time, when they were little-in the Disney show...The Famous Jett Jackson......damn, damn, damn,....

Love this show, love this kid. I am so, so sad.

I am deeply saddened that this young man with such a promising career felt such despair that he chose to take his own life. I pray he finds peace. As an avid fan of the show I believe his absence will leave a deep hole in future storylines.

I heard this sad news last night just before bed, and it followed me into my dreams. I was trying to talk him out of it. Very shocking news, and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. May he find peace.

This is so sad.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King