This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Read or Watch 1st?

Default Re: Read or Watch 1st?

Anyway you do it you'll find the book was way better than the tv series and shouldn't have been changed so much.

I haven't read the book myself, though I am watching the series now. I am always of the opinion that a book is better than a movie, and I usually prefer reading first... But this time I decided to go for it, I am watching the series and in general I like it, and, what is more important, I really want to buy the book now... So, I do not really see a problem in watching the series first, and reading the book next.

Thanks guys, I think I will give it a watch first. It may end up being long enough before I read the book that I forget half the stuff in the show anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    Thanks guys, I think I will give it a watch first. It may end up being long enough before I read the book that I forget half the stuff in the show anyway.
    That's right. I think the same way... Besides, whose who have read the book, say that it is absolutely different from the movie, and even the endings are different, and the explanations of the dome's appearance, and even characters... So, I guess in a way we can consider it as two different stories.

my philosophy is, the movie rarely ruins a book, but a book can completely ruin a movie.. I always watch the movie first when it is an option.

except of course for M. Night Shyamalan stories.

I dont think either would be good, I read the book before the series came out and the book is a lot differnt than the movie. People that are alive in the movies still are dead closer to the begining of the book. Tho the book was Long as alot of Mr. Kings books it still was a very good read!!!!!!!

It doesn't really matter since the book Under the Dome is a different story than the series Under the Dome, the titles are the same, some character names are the same, but that is about it, oh and they have a dome. I started watching the series and really like it, then I made the mistake (for me) in reading the book, I love the book but the TV series is so different than the book, that I can't watch the TV series anymore. It's like making a TV series of Cujo and on the TV series Cujo is a chihuahua being held my Reese Witherspoon...lol.

Read, always read.

UTD just started airing here in NZ (we are up to the third episode I think) and I had just finished the book right before it started on TV. So watching the TV series with the book so fresh in my mind (which by the way is a really good read), is just annoying me because it's so different!!!! The concept of the Dome is the same, and the characters names are the same (although not at all the same characters!!!) And thats about it so far!
    Yet my partner hasnt read the book and is really enjoying the TV series. So I think WATCH first, enjoy it the way it is on TV without preconceptions, then read the book and enjoy that even more as it's a better story!

I had seen the first three or four episodes of Under the Dome before I began reading the book. Seeing the first few episodes really had me wanting to know what the book version was like.
    I finished the book a week or so after the season final episode. I don't know how popular the series will be, it has been renewed for a second season, so who knows how long it will take to get a proper ending on the show. My guess is it'll be different to the book, as the cliffhanger part of the season final was already way different to anything that happens in the book.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast