Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Read or Watch 1st? - Page 3

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Read or Watch 1st?

Default Re: Read or Watch 1st?

My vote: read first. I don't care for the series much, but I loved the book.

I generally try to consume the original incarnation of any series or franchise. In the case of all the King books I've read, I would read the book first. With, say, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series I would start with the original radio series. With something like Red Dwarf I would start with the TV series, from which the books emerged.

I got this book for Christmas the year it came out. I was very excited when I heard they were making a series from the book, I watched the first few episodes and I have to say the book is far superior to the show. I hate that but that is my reality. Books are always better than the show/movie but in this case the book kicks the shows behind.

Having read the book first, I will admit TV Julia Shumway is much hotter than my mental image of her. Now, if we could just work Kate Upton into the series somehow............I know.....bad ghost bad ghost..........help me out here GNT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123