This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Under the Dome of Corporate Greed

Default Re: Under the Dome of Corporate Greed

DFTT

If you don't like the direction of the show, change the channel. Reality TV awaits.

Damn I hate this position, but all of you are technically correct.

The real skinny (and a reliable little crow told me this) is that it was up in the air as to whether it would be a mini-series or a recurring series, based on the ratings. In fact, they have just finished filming all of the first season fairly recently because of this. There was one set of scripts for if it didn't do the target on ratings that would make it a close ended series and one set that would be the "season finale" arc if the ratings did well.

So, OP, you're correct, the initial intention was to make it a mini-series, with the HOPE it would become a recurring series (for the suits). I don't think it's a wonder that I also was under the impression it was a mini-series as it was portrayed that way initially, or those that KNEW the book THOUGHT it could ONLY be such and thus saw that press alone... me being guilty of that. I also shared the OP's disappointment when I heard it was a recurring. The reason? Simple... It meant they would have to substantially alter the book to make it a recurring, or have episodes that cover 2 pages in the book.

As far as the "I can write and you can't" fight, I would say that typos don't really indicate an inability to write. After all, even SK needs an editor, no?

And the rest of you... Are you SK's publicists now? I wouldn't hire any of you!! Especially GIANT and PatriciaA. PITH, I would hire to clean toilets and maybe bake a pie now and then (not on the same day, though.)

And my post was funnier, therefore my Internet schlong is bigger than any of yours and I peed a bigger puddle.

I win!!

(Declared and judged by me)

Aww gee thanks for not hiring me Hoss. I learve you too Lunkhead.

What's wrong with just watching the show until you don't like it any longer, just like any other tv show?

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I have no problem with it being a regular TV show.

I might have an issue if we get spinoffs like "Beside The Dome" and "Over The Dome" or the reality show, "Temptation Dome."

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    Damn I hate this position, but all of you are technically correct.

The real skinny (and a reliable little crow told me this) is that it was up in the air as to whether it would be a mini-series or a recurring series, based on the ratings. In fact, they have just finished filming all of the first season fairly recently because of this. There was one set of scripts for if it didn't do the target on ratings that would make it a close ended series and one set that would be the "season finale" arc if the ratings did well.

So, OP, you're correct, the initial intention was to make it a mini-series, with the HOPE it would become a recurring series (for the suits). I don't think it's a wonder that I also was under the impression it was a mini-series as it was portrayed that way initially, or those that KNEW the book THOUGHT it could ONLY be such and thus saw that press alone... me being guilty of that. I also shared the OP's disappointment when I heard it was a recurring. The reason? Simple... It meant they would have to substantially alter the book to make it a recurring, or have episodes that cover 2 pages in the book.

As far as the "I can write and you can't" fight, I would say that typos don't really indicate an inability to write. After all, even SK needs an editor, no?

And the rest of you... Are you SK's publicists now? I wouldn't hire any of you!! Especially GIANT and PatriciaA. PITH, I would hire to clean toilets and maybe bake a pie now and then (not on the same day, though.)
    Awwww now...oh Hoss you lil' loverbug you, don't just say the sweetest thangs!

Quote Originally Posted by hossenpepper View Post
    And my post was funnier, therefore my Internet schlong is bigger than any of yours and I peed a bigger puddle.

I win!!

(Declared and judged by me)

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    What's wrong with just watching the show until you don't like it any longer, just like any other tv show?
    You can do that???...you pullin' my leg, aint'cha?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast