This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Syria

Default Re: Syria

This pretty much sums up the whole situation to me...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MARINE.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	18472

If Obama goes through with attacking Syria, I dare anyone to try to correct me when I say there's no difference between a Republican president and a Democrat president.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by JordyVerrill View Post

If Obama goes through with attacking Syria, I dare anyone to try to correct me when I say there's no difference between a Republican president and a Democrat president.
    I do believe I'll have to take you up on that offer, now don't be late, we might have some of ground to cover

The thing is,the Marine photo,which I have seen all over facebook as well,is that really a Marine?and when do Marines shrug off the responsibility of protecting those who cannot protect themselves..doubtful to me..no mistake here, I am not liking war,but in the first case they are not even talking of a ground war,where Marines would be used..this is a punishment air strike,aimed at those responsible..would we have struck Hitler and his cronies,knowing what we know now?Maybe not,but gassing innocents to death is WRONG..everything else is semantics..

They came for the Jews in Germany. I do not think that we can sit back and let another monster like Hitler take liberties with the lives of children.

I, at first, figured we should stay out of it. I no longer feel that way after seeing some videos of this. I do not watch TV and I had to be convinced by Becky to really watch this. Wow!

The USA folks are damned if they do and damned if they don't. This is a hard situation for the President. Canada will support their actions. Seems like all the dirty jobs are left to the USA. In Canada, we lost a lot of soldiers in Afghanistan. We do not have the military force that our southern cousin has....but we will certainly do the best to praise whatever decision they make. God bless America..

Quote Originally Posted by Tery View Post
    The British aren't on board, actually. Parliament decided to take a "wait and see" position, which I agree with.

I don't think Assad would be stupid enough to attack us or any of our embassies
    . The attacks we've already suffered were not from any government or even a rogue regime. They were all - and I am including the embassies, etc. that were attacked under Bush, so I don't want to hear any Benghazi BS, please - from either Al Queda or small groups of crazies, even individuals.

As it stands right now, I think we should wait until the U.N. inspectors complete their investigation and submit a report.
    Good evening.

Tell truth, I'm not really savy enough to understand wtf is going on.

Ms. Tery,

I don't believe Assad is stupid...I believe he is mad. (Insane.) THAT is what scares me.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by JordyVerrill View Post

There's not as much difference as most people want to think.

Quote Originally Posted by mjs9153 View Post
    The thing is,the Marine photo,which I have seen all over facebook as well,is that really a Marine?and when do Marines shrug off the responsibility of protecting those who cannot protect themselves..doubtful to me..no mistake here, I am not liking war,but in the first case they are not even talking of a ground war,where Marines would be used..this is a punishment air strike,aimed at those responsible..would we have struck Hitler and his cronies,knowing what we know now?Maybe not,but gassing innocents to death is WRONG..everything else is semantics..
    I was a Marine from 1998-2002, so I can answer your question. The man in the picture is wearing a Navy uniform, not a Marine one. So, unless this is a Marine in a Naval uniform (which is highly unlikely, as most Marines wouldn't be caught dead in a Naval uniform), then no, this is no Marine.

This is a tough one. If I could split myself in two, I recon my two sides would be arguing about this right now. I can see points on both sides. A big part of me says "leave it be, it's not our business." Another part says, "These type of things can't be allowed."

The UN is all but useless, so waiting on them isn't the answer, I don't think.

I just don't know.

well...i'm going with the 'these things can't be allowed' at the moment

just don't know for sure what exactly we can do that would be quickly and permanently effective...but i'm open for ideas

How about we target all the stockpiles of chemical weapons and blow them to smithereens? We should have enough intelligence in the area (or the Israelis) to do this.

John

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast