Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
So That It's Also On Record...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: So That It's Also On Record...

Default So That It's Also On Record...

Hi,

Just posted this on sciencefiction.com and wanted to repost, for the record

I'm really sorry that Stephen had to post a letter to address the criticism of "Under the Dome." I've been a fan since forever, and frankly I've found the adaptations of his works, in every form (movie, miniseries, etc. ) to have been perfectly adequate. It's not easy to bring his visions to the screen--which, frankly, I think is a testament to him as a writer. Look at the adaptations of, say, H.P. Lovecraft to film vs. the source material--who could *possibly* get such a thing right without looking hokey? I say enjoy the ride--particularly since it has the author's blessing!

Geoff.

P.S. What a hellish f^%$ing registration process

Default Re: So That It's Also On Record...

Welcome Geoff, sorry you found the registration process difficult, maybe you'd like to post some feedback to us regarding your experience?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

...and please accept a complimentary Ka-mint for your comments from the estate of Lovecraft....

Hey, Geoff.....I've been disappointed by some TV projects, but am like you - I'm down with most of what gets put on the small screen.

I dug the TV versions of 'Salem's Lot, The Tommyknockers, and The Stand. And I'm totally fine with Under the Dome.

welcome,I too am fine with Under the Dome.

Under the Dome will finally be on TV in Ireland a week from Thursday! I'm so excited I can'twait.