Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Very disappointed with the TV series - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed with the TV series

Default Re: Very disappointed with the TV series

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I'm confused. First you say you want to read what Stephen King writes and then you say you don't.
    We're both confused, because I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and how it pertains to anything I've posted.

man,how many times can you offer an explanation,and people either don't bother to check it out,or are too obtuse to get it..either way,guess they are up the sheet creek..

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Perhaps the intent is to point out what his feelings are about it to people who have absolutely no personal knowledge of him and his character which they are maligning when they accuse him of selling out for the sole purpose of making a buck and that he somehow owes them more because he hasn't more vehemently objected to the changes CBS has made.
    Absolutely, spot on!

Ok... I said something good about the series on another thread so...

My main objection is that the series claims to be based on the story by Stephen King and the series gets further and further away from any simularity to the novel with each new episode.

Quote Originally Posted by imajica View Post
    We're both confused, because I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and how it pertains to anything I've posted.
    Did you read sK's letter? Whether or not you did, you say you like what he wrote with UTD the novel. If you're interested in what he has to say, in what he writes, how can you say a letter he wrote to you "makes no difference at all"? That's how what I'm talking about pertains to what you've posted.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    Did you read sK's letter? Whether or not you did, you say you like what he wrote with UTD the novel. If you're interested in what he has to say, in what he writes, how can you say a letter he wrote to you "makes no difference at all"? That's how what I'm talking about pertains to what you've posted.
    You've missed the point I was trying to make. The original poster was expressing disappointment at the series, and someone suggested they read Steve King's letter. I merely pointed out that if you're not liking the show, reading his letter isn't going to make any difference. How could it? It's not going to change what you're seeing on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by imajica View Post
    You've missed the point I was trying to make. The original poster was expressing disappointment at the series, and someone suggested they read Steve King's letter. I merely pointed out that if you're not liking the show, reading his letter isn't going to make any difference. How could it? It's not going to change what you're seeing on the screen.
    By reading SK letter, the poster may have been given a different take on the subject. You know that old saying-- change the way you look at things the the things you look at change.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    By reading SK letter, the poster may have been given a different take on the subject. You know that old saying-- change the way you look at things the the things you look at change.
    Exactly! I watched the first couple episodes before I read SK's letter and his letter changed how I thought about the series.

Quote Originally Posted by no bounce no play View Post
    My main objection is that the series claims to be based on the story by Stephen King and the series gets further and further away from any simularity to the novel with each new episode.
    How so? I've only seen the first three eps so far. Don't know if I can see myself sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    It's a fair point, but to borrow from another old saying; a letter from Steve King won't turn a pig's ear into a silk purse.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast