Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Anyone else having seizures...

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else having seizures...

Default Anyone else having seizures...

...and seeing pink stars every time the character Joe McAlister says "mini dome" in that squeaky pubescent voice? I so want to love this show but geez it's hard. Its being billed as "Americas #1 Show". Are we (King fans) being too critical or is it really as silly as it seems?

Default Re: Anyone else having seizures...

..."silly" is all a matter of perspective, I think Honey Boo-Boo is an abomination-others find it amusing and entertaining...

Quote Originally Posted by williamccope View Post
    ...and seeing pink stars every time the character Joe McAlister says "mini dome" in that squeaky pubescent voice? I so want to love this show but geez it's hard. Its being billed as "Americas #1 Show". Are we (King fans) being too critical or is it really as silly as it seems?
    EEP! Don't you go diss'n Joe! He and Junior are my favorite characters. I think it's the #1 summer season show. It doesn't have a whole lot of competition lol. I'm still giving it a chance

I'm about to start watching it and I'm not really concerned that it follow the story in the book exactly. I don't understand why things get changed, but I stopped worrying about the why a long time ago as long as it works with the vibe in the original story. So with what I've seen here keeping an open mind.

.Are we (King fans) being too critical or is it really as silly as it seems?
    I think that in some places we are really too critical. But in the end, I tend to think that we (SK fans) have good taste for a good story... This taste was raised by SK himself. So, I am not sure what to think about Under the Dome. I agree that sometime the movie is really silly. I am watching it and I will continue to do this, anyway, but I have rather complicated emotions about it. I think there is something missing in the movie, something that would have made it great, as we like it. Maybe, it's actors' performance... Sometimes they act not do good... But I really don't know how to judge this series so far.

I only read the book. I do not watch TV. For me, the book will always be the same........wonderful.

it not supposed to be just like the book-I like it enough to watch it every week so I must like it enough.

When they say "mini-dome" I always think "Awww, cute little mini-dome!"

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    When they say "mini-dome" I always think "Awww, cute little mini-dome!"
    Me too!

I will take that seizure in a tall frosted glass, rimmed with celery salt and a fresh stick of celery as a garnish - not too much Tabasco SVP - and go easy on the vodka cuz I'm driving

Last edited by Neesy; September 9th, 2013 at 03:54 PM. Reason: oh yeah - right Under the Dome is on tonight - woo hoo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast