Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Under the Dome- the TV show.

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Under the Dome- the TV show.

Default Under the Dome- the TV show.

Mr. King,
    I am reading the book now, but trying to follow it on the TV show is impossible. The show is nothing like the book. Why did you have to change it so much for TV? I will continue to enjoy the book, but wish the TV show was more like the book, Totally different?????

Default Re: Under the Dome- the TV show.

You might get some insight into Stephen's perspective from his letter on this matter which you can read here and by reading some of the other threads in this Forum. I moved your post from the novel area to the TV forum so you may have missed them earlier.

Marilyne,a lot times,questions people have on topics have already been asked or discussed..if you type in a keyword or words,such as under the dome,in the advanced search box,you will get back a number of threads on the item or related items,so you don't have to start a new thread.. hope you enjoy the time you spend here!

Quote Originally Posted by MarilyneKelly View Post
    Mr. King,
    I am reading the book now, but trying to follow it on the TV show is impossible. The show is nothing like the book. Why did you have to change it so much for TV? I will continue to enjoy the book, but wish the TV show was more like the book, Totally different?????
    Mr. King wasn't the one who changed it for TV. That would be the showrunners (writers) who have started new story lines, changed around some of the characters, and generally offered their version of life in Chester's Mill under a weird dome.

Your book, as Mr. King points out in his letter to his Constant Readers, will always remain the same. Treat the TV series like a new show, one you've never even heard of. It might change your perspective. If not, then change the channel.

It's apples and oranges. Take a bite out of the apple/book and enjoy it. Take a bite out of an orange/Tv series and enjoy that too. Totally different but both can be enjoyable in their own right.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Best prepare yourself, the action figures are gonna reeeally disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Best prepare yourself, the action figures are gonna reeeally disappoint.
    As will the video game, trading cards and amusement park ride at Six Flags.

That last one really was NOT what I expected!!!