Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stephen, how could you? - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen, how could you?

Default Re: Stephen, how could you?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    We watched it last night. When it ended, my husband asked if that was how the book ended. I laughed and said the series stopped following the book about 5 minutes in the first show. He looked straight at me and said "And you haven't been b*+€*ng throughout?" Lol.

I then told him some of the major differences between Dexter the book and Dexter the series. differences as big as the differences in The Dome.
    Very true, AnnaMarie....

Just to echo that sentiment, the differences between The Sookie Stackhouse novels and TrueBlood are a world apart.

I would think that a writer whose work had been severely edited can look at it in a positive note, as in Charlane Harris' case with TrueBlood. When TrueBlood began on HBO, her book sales went through the roof and people even started reading the other series that she's written. Stephen King may not need exposure but many other writers do. And when you sell the rights to your stories, you have to accept the fact that a lot may be edited in the translation.

If you're that unhappy about the show, just re-read the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    Yeah? Well...

And secondly (I believe Scott (or somebody...) originally posted this somewhere):

And to top it all off:

Excellent points VampireLily. I watched Dexter before I read the books. Same with Sookie Stackhouse.

Funny side note. autocorrect wants to change your name to CampfireLily. Lol

We watched it last night. When it ended, my husband asked if that was how the book ended. I laughed and said the series stopped following the book about 5 minutes in the first show.
    Less than that -- the series opened with Barbie burying a body. Five seconds, maybe!

Funny side note. autocorrect wants to change your name to CampfireLily. Lol
    CampfireLily? LOL. Well, i DID attend a campfire this past weekend. autocorrect is the new BigBrother evidently! LOLOL

and then,the king kong facepalm..followed by Godzilla and then going tac..

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Welcome to the SKMB. Sorry you did not like the TV series UTD.
    1. the book is still the book.
    2. the tv series was not meant to be the book.
    3. in my area it was shown on CBS, not NCB
    4. not the end-- rather a cliffhanger for continuation next season.
    5. SK can do anything he desires with his works.

Now then, how did you like the book??

I can only agree with the others. Books are one thing, movies are another. Me personal opinion is that it is neither good nor bad, they are just different and everyone has a right to choose - to read a book or watch a movie. I am a person who has not read the book yet, and I can tell you that this series really makes me go to the book store next weekend looking for Under The Dome. I cannot say that the series is one of best movies that I have seen... but I can assure you I've seen worse

And as for the ending... Yeah, we are looking forward to seeing to the release of the second season. But honestly, I would agree that the ending of the first season could be better...

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Pesola View Post
    I'm sick with what NBC did with Under the Dome. Number 1, it's not even closely related to the book and number 2 what the hell kind of ending was that? What a waste of time...that's how many hours I'll never get back?
    On the Board go to the top item NEWS within you will find a message from Mr. King dated back in June. He addresses the different UTD to be found on CBS.

I have just seen episodes 1 and 2 of UTD. I have to say I'm enjoying it very much. A TV or film adaptation does not have to have every tiny bit of the bbok in it to be good. As long as the feel of the story is there, then thats all that really matters. Ok, there are a lot of changes in the story, but how cool were some of the special effects? Those weren't in the book and I'm ok with that. Someting else occured to me. When you read a book you get your own ideas of how things look. So there's no way a film would look right anyway. So look, just hush up and enjoy.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast