This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troubled

Default Troubled

I'm catching up on episodes of UTD and I'm seeing a troubling trend. We've got one woman that's

sleeping with the man that she knows killed her husband
    and another that's all

snuggly, boyfriendy/girlfriendy with a psychopath that kidnapped her and locked her in a fallout shelter.
    I understand that in the real world, these things sometimes do happen and that people don't always make the smartest choices, but are we glamorizing it by showing women who

not only forgive, but cozy up with men that have done them grievous harm?

Default Re: Troubled

Quote Originally Posted by Lepplady View Post
    I understand that in the real world, these things sometimes do happen and that people don't always make the smartest choices, but are we glamorizing it by showing women who

Love is cruel, what can I say In real life I have also seen women who behave stupid, so I am not surprised by all of this

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought, Huh? That ain't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepplady View Post
    I'm catching up on episodes of UTD and I'm seeing a troubling trend. We've got one woman that's

sleeping with the man that she knows killed her husband
    She knows the details. Different then if she didn't, IMO.

and another that's all

snuggly, boyfriendy/girlfriendy with a psychopath that kidnapped her and locked her in a fallout shelter.

To serve her own purpose. she hasn't forgiven him or thinks it won't happen again. She is doing what she thinks needs to be done to bring down the dome.

...this show sucks like a turbo-powered shop-vac and I can't believe that money-grubbing King would allow his work to be so perverted!!!!....(sorry, couldn't help myself-had to lay on the sarcasm over the idiots who can't rectify the show with the novel)....

I don't think

Angie really like Junior all that much. If it wasn't for his connection to the dome, she would probably rather have nothing to do with him.

As for Julia,

She realizes what happened with her Peter, and how it seems he planned his own demise.
    Last edited by nate_watkins; September 18th, 2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: AnnaMarrie beat me to it...

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...this show sucks like a turbo-powered shop-vac and I can't believe that money-grubbing King would allow his work to be so perverted!!!!....(sorry, couldn't help myself-had to lay on the sarcasm over the idiots who can't rectify the show with the novel)....
    I know right!!!

The Walking Dead doesn't follow the comics exactly, and Under The Dome is nothing like the book... Don't these film people know how to adapt stories???

I'm kidding of course!

weren't Dorothy's shoes silver in the book? And yet, who would ever picture then as anything but red.

And why aren't people up in arms about it? How dare they make a change like that? And Glinda doesn't go to Dorothy in OZ...Dorothy gets the winged monkeys to take her over the mountains to Glinda. Didn't those script writers even read the book? They got everything wrong and I'm never going to watcher their movies again. <stamps foot>

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    weren't Dorothy's shoes silver in the book? And yet, who would ever picture then as anything but red.

And why aren't people up in arms about it? How dare they make a change like that? And Glinda doesn't go to Dorothy in OZ...Dorothy gets the winged monkeys to take her over the mountains to Glinda. Didn't those script writers even read the book? They got everything wrong and I'm never going to watcher their movies again. <stamps foot>
    I have been reading the graphic novel(comics) version of The Wizard of Oz and man was I confused by those silver shoes. Who knew they weren't always red?! It's a really good adaptation IMO but the Movie definitely strays from the story.

Keep watching, Lepp. There's a really mean woman later in the series who gives the men the what-for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast