Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Like/Dislike/Thanks/Welcome

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Like/Dislike/Thanks/Welcome

Default Like/Dislike/Thanks/Welcome

The buttons at the bottom of each post (Like/Dislike/Thanks/Welcome) have been playing peek-a-boo lately.

At first I thought you have removed the Dislike button because it was gone. But then it was back...except for a mod. I thought it was funny that people are not allowed to dislike a mods post. (Doesn't seem in keeping with this forum....but funny.)

Then the welcome button disappeared. But none of the people in the thread I was in were new....so I thought you were getting all fancy and only people under a certain number of threads had it.

but no. It's there....it's gone.

then in one thread, buttons gone from one post, two buttons on another thread, three on another.

Peek-a-boo!

Anyway....I like the buttons, but it's not a big deal. Just mentioning it.

Default Re: Like/Dislike/Thanks/Welcome

I haven't had that issue.

Periodically the buttons will do strange things for some reason. (Possibly involving changes in the last vBulletin board upgrade?) I've found that there will at times be a longer delay in them showing up/responding when we have a newsletter going out.

Also I've noticed that you can't 'welcome' a lot of the long-time members, so I'm not sure if there is some pre-set cut off date for the welcome button to no longer be showing up?
    Jordan will have more of an idea.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I hear ya Flake. It's not just this Board. Computers are weird. I work with them every day and they are moody things.

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    Periodically the buttons will do strange things for some reason. (Possibly involving changes in the last vBulletin board upgrade?) I've found that there will at times be a longer delay in them showing up/responding when we have a newsletter going out.

Also I've noticed that you can't 'welcome' a lot of the long-time members, so I'm not sure if there is some pre-set cut off date for the welcome button to no longer be showing up?
    Jordan will have more of an idea.

I noticed that I only see the "dislike" every now and then.

Not that I would use it, but it is fun to mess with Frank with.

In this thread, Neesy and GNTLGNT are the only two I can welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    In this thread, Neesy and GNTLGNT are the only two I can welcome.
    What about not_nadine?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    What about not_nadine?
    hers is there now...but I don't think it was earlier.

so, here that leaves just you and MadamMack who are not Welcome. (I mean by the forum....I invite everyone to my parties.) you are both beta testers. That might be related/cause. But I think it was more people. I'll keep an eye thought the board.

btw Jordan.....I point these things out because it used to be my job. When computers were new, whenever there was an update/change made to our companies main frame, I would run loads of requests, to see if the changes had made any unwanted changes....side-effects as I called them. So, I point them out in case you want to know, and maybe in your next update you may want to tweak a few things (tweak not twerk ). Mostly, I find these things humourus.