Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Disappointed in S1 finale

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed in S1 finale

Default Disappointed in S1 finale

First off, I liked the concept of UTD, so I was willing to forgive some sloppiness in the storylines and character development. But the last couple of episodes, including the finale, really pushed my buttons because of the unbelievability of the actions of some of these characters.

Let's see...

- Big Jim shoots Max and her bodyguard, then Barbie disarms him and is standing there pointing a gun at him, but runs away instead of trying to talk sense into Linda? How about something like "look at my gun Linda, you can see it hasn't been fired, but Jim's has." Maybe I've been watching too much CSI, but it wouldn't take a lot of effort for a quick GSR test. But maybe they don't have those in that town.

then in the finale...

- The gallows is going up, Barbie is standing up there and Linda just watches from the audience and doesn't say a word? What kind of cop is she? No due process, no evidence? Also, didn't Linda just find out that Jim has been partnered up with Max as well? I would think that would at least warrant some questioning of his actions.

I'm all for telling an entertaining story, but it was really getting ridiculous toward the end. And this is all just so we can get a cliffhanger of will-he-or-won't-he?
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; September 22nd, 2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Added SPOILER tags.

Default Re: Disappointed in S1 finale

I haven't watched the final episode yet, so I'm really thankful for that spoiler tag.
    I'm sure that the season finale will leave more questions than answers......that's kinda what it's supposed to do. If you're not left wondering what the heck is going to happen, then there is no draw for you to come back for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by domefan View Post
    First off, I liked the concept of UTD, so I was willing to forgive some sloppiness in the storylines and character development. But the last couple of episodes, including the finale, really pushed my buttons because of the unbelievability of the actions of some of these characters.

Let's see...

- Big Jim shoots Max and her bodyguard, then Barbie disarms him and is standing there pointing a gun at him, but runs away instead of trying to talk sense into Linda? How about something like "look at my gun Linda, you can see it hasn't been fired, but Jim's has." Maybe I've been watching too much CSI, but it wouldn't take a lot of effort for a quick GSR test. But maybe they don't have those in that town.

then in the finale...

- The gallows is going up, Barbie is standing up there and Linda just watches from the audience and doesn't say a word? What kind of cop is she? No due process, no evidence? Also, didn't Linda just find out that Jim has been partnered up with Max as well? I would think that would at least warrant some questioning of his actions.

I'm all for telling an entertaining story, but it was really getting ridiculous toward the end. And this is all just so we can get a cliffhanger of will-he-or-won't-he?

I gots to kinda agree with you. I don't understand why Barbie isn't defending himself and I don't think Linda is as strong of a person as she appears to be. I think she'll figure it out in the end but right now her doubts are pushed to the back of her mind and she's just following chain of command. I liked the last two episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    I haven't watched the final episode yet, so I'm really thankful for that spoiler tag.
    You should have seen the tantrum from this side of my screen... (I can laugh now... )
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    You should have seen the tantrum from this side of my screen... (I can laugh now... )
    I wish I had taped the series, I would have sent it to you. The UTD Season 1 dvd will be released on 11-5-13. Maybe SK will buy it for you

Quote Originally Posted by no bounce no play View Post
    I wish I had taped the series, I would have sent it to you. The UTD Season 1 dvd will be released on 11-5-13. Maybe SK will buy it for you
    That's so sweet!
    It's on here each Wednesday night now, but we're waaaaaay behind, so the spoilers haven't been much fun... but never-mind, my Swiss-cheese brain may forget by the end of the series, maybe?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    That's so sweet!
    It's on here each Wednesday night now, but we're waaaaaay behind, so the spoilers haven't been much fun... but never-mind, my Swiss-cheese brain may forget by the end of the series, maybe?
    Remember all the spoiler for LOST. Wish there was a way that spoilers for a current TV series/book could be moderated without revealing to those who are behind in reading/ seeing it. We appreciate what you do for us, Flake. It's a shame you get to see what happens beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spideyman View Post
    Remember all the spoiler for LOST. Wish there was a way that spoilers for a current TV series/book could be moderated without revealing to those who are behind in reading/ seeing it. We appreciate what you do for us, Flake. It's a shame you get to see what happens beforehand.
    I guess it's natural for a newbie who doesn't know anything about spoilers to blurt stuff out. For the life of me I cannot understand why someone joins a message board without reading any other posts first and then their first post is a negative one, criticizing something. Sorry Flake - it's a shame you have to see these things, especially with the fact you're in another country/time zone etc.

Quote Originally Posted by domefan View Post

Let's see...

then in the finale...

I have to agree, unfortunately.

I just found out they will be airing UTD here too, starting nov 7th I'll see what all the fuzz is about

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast