Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Newbie Needs Help - Page 9

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Needs Help

Default Re: Newbie Needs Help

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    I'm (and this will sound crazy ) most of the way to the beginning of Under The Dome. I went to about halfway and have been reading it backwards. I know, that sounds bad... I'm also finishing off Dolores and will probably soon suspend my search (sorry) to concentrate on Doctor Sleep.
    New book = full attention.
    Why would you think that sounds crazy?

As much as I'm enjoying Duma Key, I may stop reading halfway through so I can start Doctor Sleep. It's really hard ignoring all the Doctor Sleep posts

Quote Originally Posted by no bounce no play View Post
    Why would you think that sounds crazy?

As much as I'm enjoying Duma Key, I may stop reading halfway through so I can start Doctor Sleep. It's really hard ignoring all the Doctor Sleep posts
    Because it probably would have been easier (and more enjoyable) reading it from front to back. (I kinda hadn't wanted to read this one at all because we're not too far into the series here right now and I didn't want to become part of the: 'it's nothing like the book!' crowd.)
    But, it's actually been pretty cool catching up with all of the characters... except, now they all look like the TV peeps.

Re: The Doctor Sleep spoilers... *nodding*
    (I think everyone is getting tired of me bleating about those. )
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Because it probably would have been easier (and more enjoyable) reading it from front to back. (I kinda hadn't wanted to read this one at all because we're not too far into the series here right now and I didn't want to become part of the: 'it's nothing like the book!' crowd.)
    But, it's actually been pretty cool catching up with all of the characters... except, now they all look like the TV peeps.

Re: The Doctor Sleep spoilers... *nodding*
    (I think everyone is getting tired of me bleating about those. )
    I'm really beginning to think the phrase Robert is looking for is in either Koontz's Fear Nothing or Seize the Night. I don't want to reread them until the third book is published.

I'm glad I'm not a moderator lol.

I'm really beginning to think the phrase Robert is looking for is in either Koontz's Fear Nothing or Seize the Night. I don't want to reread them until the third book is published.

I'm glad I'm not a moderator lol.
    I don't have (and haven't read) either of those. I think Robert mentioned earlier in a post that he specifically 'thought-thanked' (new word!) Stephen during several re-reads of the phrase, so I'm thinking (hoping) that we'll still find it in a Stephen book.

I don't have (and haven't read) either of those. I think Robert mentioned earlier in a post that he specifically 'thought-thanked' (new word!) Stephen during several re-reads of the phrase, so I'm thinking (hoping) that we'll still find it in a Stephen book.
    oh ok good... There's still a good chance it's something Wireman may have said then.

I loved those!

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post

Ok, I got past the halfway point in Duma Key last night. I did not find any phrases that could be a take-off on Einstein's quote or any phrases that contained uncommon words. I don't think I could have missed it. My vocabulary isn't all that swift, I would have noticed fancy words.

Flake... Have you reached the beginning of UTD? (That sounds so weird lol)

MadamMack... Are you still looking?

Ok, I got past the halfway point in Duma Key last night. I did not find any phrases that could be a take-off on Einstein's quote or any phrases that contained uncommon words. I don't think I could have missed it. My vocabulary isn't all that swift, I would have noticed fancy words.

Flake... Have you reached the beginning of UTD? (That sounds so weird lol)

MadamMack... Are you still looking?
    I'm nearly there but took some time off today to begin Doctor Sleep. I might read a few pages before bed.

I'm nearly there but took some time off today to begin Doctor Sleep. I might read a few pages before bed.
    I'm going to put the second half of Duma Key on hold so I can start Doctor Sleep too

I think the board's creator has given up on us lol. I hope if he discovers the phrase, he'll let us know what it is.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast