Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
NOS4A2 - Page 2

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOS4A2

Default Re: NOS4A2

I have been wanting to read NOS4A2, heard plenty of good things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    Snap! Ok, I will - I'll get in tomorrow morning and place it lovingly on Uncle Stevie's shelf. It's only $2.99. I still have to read Tower 6, 7, and 8 (is that what Wind through the Key Hole is?) and Doctor Sleep, so it'll be awhile before I get around to reading it, but you're right. Hardcover for $3 is hard to pass up, dang it, Renee! Big chicken poo! Terrifying opening scene though.
    We refer to Wind Thru The Keyhole as DT 4.5, as what happens in it takes place between the 4th and 5th DT books. Keep hitting those thrift stores, there's always treasures to be had!

I can't get my picture to load here, so I can't show it to you, but I lucked out one day at a thrift store and found an ex-library copy of the Donald M. Grant edition of The Gunslinger and paid $2.99 for it! It's been well read and isn't in the best shape but I'm not complaining! I attached the wrong pic here, so please disregard it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DT 002.JPG  
    Last edited by kingricefan; October 8th, 2013 at 11:25 PM.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

NOS4A2 is going to have a limited time holiday cover for the paperback release.

http://joehillfiction.com/

I'm going to have to pick that up.

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    Haunt the thrift stores. It's shocking what people toss out. I got 3 SK books for $2.99 each this weekend - hardcovers, I don't think they were ever opened! QPBs are $1.99, Mass Mkt are $0.99 - I go every weekend.
    I may have to give this a try...

Does a pawn shop count as a thrift store? Lord knows we have plenty of those around...not sure if they are the same thing though...

NOS4A2 was very good - it's the only one of Joe's books I have read. It's lovely and I think I will get the paperback copy. I just read one from the library but it was a great read!

I kinda like the way he incorporates the motorcycle. She goes from her bicycle to the Triumph... okay - sorry - hope that doesn't spoil it for anyone - and the bridge is very cool too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12