This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrie Remake

Default Carrie Remake

Ok. I just saw the commerical finally for the Carrie movie remake. I had known it's coming out for a while. However, it's starting to get some traction. Just curious. Who is going to watch it? I actually am torn. I love the first movie and it was the best of all. When I first saw the commerical, I was like no way... However, if it makes HBOand it's on. Why not watch it? He's not even involved with this remake, right? My second question is what movie would you like to see that they haven't made yet or is in the process of making now? I would like to see "1922" made into a movie....

Default Re: Carrie Remake

Upon hearing of the new adaptation, King remarked, "The real question is why, when the original was so good?"

...and I generally don't care for film or TV adaptations...they always fall short of the theatre in my own mind...

Not sure if I will go see it or not. I usually like to watch both and decide I like the original.Very few re-makes top the originals.

I have to agree that Carrie is one that stood upto the book and it still stands up after time and really doesn't need to be remade. If it turned up on TV on a a wet afternoon, then I'd give it a look.

I will go and see it. I like the actress playing Carrie and Julianne Moore. Ya gotta admit, you know you want to see carrie blow the crap outta the town right? They couldn't do it in the original (which is a great movie in its own right- minus the blond guy's hair- I think his name is William Katt) due to budget issues and the CGI wouldn't have been great either, but with today's technology it should be spectacular!

I will definitely be seeing it. Best case, it is good. Worst case, I can ridicule it.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I will go and see it. I like the actress playing Carrie and Julianne Moore. Ya gotta admit, you know you want to see carrie blow the crap outta the town right? They couldn't do it in the original (which is a great movie in its own right- minus the blond guy's hair- I think his name is William Katt) due to budget issues and the CGI wouldn't have been great either, but with today's technology it should be spectacular!
    Agreed!

This is one I'm looking forward to seeing . . .the other remakes I didn't bother to watch . . .didn't catch my interest, at all. I'm a sucker for the original.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post

Some movies I'm okay with a remake, if it can be done better, especially if the original has not aged well. The problem is, most remakes don't strive to be anything better, and wind up being lackluster.

But Carrie is not one I think should have been remade. Brian de Palma knew what he was doing when he created the original, and did it well. Everything about that movie still holds up today, and it's still a very clever, chilling horror movie.

The problem with a remake is that it's not going to invoke anything new we haven't seen before, because the original was done so well.

I don't go to theatres often, but as soon as it's on tv or available to rent, I will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast