This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carrie (Remake) Trailer

Default Carrie (Remake) Trailer

Just posted this to Unofficial News:

Carrie Trailer
    Posted: April 5th, 2013 9:42:47 am EDT

MGM and Screen Gems have released a full-length trailer for the remake of Carrie. You can view the trailer at the link below. (Contains indirect spoilers.)

Watch the Trailer on YouTube

"One pixel can change everything."

Default Re: Carrie (Remake) Trailer

Thanks for posting.

My first reactions are...

Will there ever be a Carrie who actually resembles the Carrie in the book? She's supposed to be somewhat overweight with acne. Not beautiful!

Some of the scenes in this trailer seem almost to be exactly lifted from the original movie.

As someone who was bullied just about every day of all 4 years of high school, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Carrie White and will probably see this movie and it will break my heart, just as the book and first movie did and still do.

I, am of course, delighted that one of Mr. King's stories is be re-filmed, but I just recently saw a remake that was no where near as good as the original and I don't think this new one can be better than the first.

I would go back and re-read Carrie and get so much more pleasure from the words than any so-called special effects.

I dunno...Brian DePalma is gonna be a tough act to follow.

Looks great to me.

...pig blood souvenirs, I got yer pig blood souvenirs here!....

Another generation of people judging SK for horror.

It looks good -- however, is this the version of the trailer that's essentially "Carrie in 2 minutes"? Why do they do that -- show the entire film in the trailer?

They do that because it works. Give people a good idea of a movie's story, and they typically respond to it (if it's any good).

By the way, here's a trailer for the '76 film that's even more egregious in the show-the-whole-film department:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJe0iVo8y3A

Unimpressed. I got a message from the book - it was stated a couple of times I think - which was that Carrie was beautiful but only when you stop looking at her with candy-lust eyes. This film seems to make the same old mistake of putting 'desirables' into roles where they are not meant to be desirable. She was meant to be 'chunky'. There were good looks there but you had to look with a more honest eye than the sort that makes the boys say 'i want that!'. That was part of the bullying. Without wanting to cast negativities about a film I haven't seen, I don't feel that the casting, at least, is in keeping with the books intent. Here, it seems to me, the message is 'beautiful girl is unjustly bullied and boy do they regret it'. But the message should be 'ordinary girl is unjustly bullied and boy do they regret it' (because she aint that ordinary LOL). Most girls are not supermodels and Carrie was certainly not one. So I am not keen to watch this version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast