Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
A different + question

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: A different + question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    936

    Default A different + question

    At the bottom of any post there are three clickable thingies.

    Reply
    " Reply with quote
    " +

    if you click that third one, it puts a checkmark, but as far as I can see it doesn't do anything else. Anyone know what it's for?

    And yes, thingies is a technical term.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: A different + question

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    At the bottom of any post there are three clickable thingies.

    Reply
    " Reply with quote
    " +

    if you click that third one, it puts a checkmark, but as far as I can see it doesn't do anything else. Anyone know what it's for?

    And yes, thingies is a technical term.
    Wow - you are quite observant! Go ask Ms. Mod - that's like "Go Ask Alice" but not quite so psychedelic

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Just north of Duma Key
    Posts
    11,220

    Default Re: A different + question

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarie View Post
    At the bottom of any post there are three clickable thingies.

    Reply
    " Reply with quote
    " +

    if you click that third one, it puts a checkmark, but as far as I can see it doesn't do anything else. Anyone know what it's for?

    And yes, thingies is a technical term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Wow - you are quite observant! Go ask Ms. Mod - that's like "Go Ask Alice" but not quite so psychedelic


    I think it quotes more than one post. Here I have multi quoted both AnnaMarie's and Neesy's into one new post reply.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: A different + question

    Good ole spidey!

    You know what? I clicked on it first then typed that sentence above but I did not get any quotes at all...
    Last edited by Neesy; October 16th, 2013 at 01:18 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: A different + question

    Spidey is right--it's used when you have multiple posts you want to respond to all in one post rather than each one individually.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: A different + question

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Spidey is right--it's used when you have multiple posts you want to respond to all in one post rather than each one individually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Good ole spidey!

    You know what? I clicked on it first then typed that sentence above but I did not get any quotes at all...
    Okay - I think I got it - you click on the little + sign, then click on the ones you want to quote - apparently you can even quote yourself

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    14,080

    Default Re: A different + question

    Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Okay - I think I got it - you click on the little + sign, then click on the ones you want to quote - apparently you can even quote yourself
    By George! I think you've got it!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,331

    Default Re: A different + question


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: A different + question

    ...and here I thought it automatically sent me a dozen cookies, no damn wonder they ain't arrived....well frig a duck...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    4,351

    Default Re: A different + question

    Quote Originally Posted by Neesy View Post
    Okay - I think I got it - you click on the little + sign, then click on the ones you want to quote - apparently you can even quote yourself
    Is this where the term 'Go quote yourself came from????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •