Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Premium Harmony

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Premium Harmony

Default Premium Harmony

I read this last night and really enjoyed it, though it be quite depressing. I was saddened by

the death of Mary
    , but shattered by

the death of Biznezz.

For anyone who has not read it yet, it is available to read at the New Yorker website.

Default Re: Premium Harmony

Thanks for the link, DG. I think I pretty much feel as you do. It was well written in that it evoked emotional responses but...

for my tastes, it was way too real (especially the repetitious bickering that goes on between two people who were once in love but have grown tired of each other) and horribly depressing and the death of the dog took it over the top for me.

Yep...

The dog dying was too much for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by no bounce no play View Post
    Thanks for the link, DG. I think I pretty much feel as you do. It was well written in that it evoked emotional responses but...

for my tastes, it was way too real (especially the repetitious bickering that goes on between two people who were once in love but have grown tired of each other) and horribly depressing and the death of the dog took it over the top for me.
    I agree about the realism of the

incessant arguing between Ray and Mary...I've witnessed my share of this type of behavior and the authenticity leaps from the page.

I read this some time ago in the UK/Ireland Sunday Times. It was very real sounding, but left me wanting more.

...I've not read it yet...one of those I'm hoping ends up in another collection...