Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Old Dude's Ticker

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: The Old Dude's Ticker

Default The Old Dude's Ticker

I read this last night, having found a copy online. It is a modernized adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe's The Tell-tale Heart. I must say that I found this enjoyable to read as an writing experiment or exercise but I can see why it was not published.

One funny bit...when the narrator at last

pounces on the old man with the horrible eye, King writes "I let out a yell and threw the flashlight at him, and went across the room like O.J. Simpson." This was written in the 70's, but I could not help but chuckle at his name being invoked in the description of a murder.

Default Re: The Old Dude's Ticker

It has been published once for the NECON XX Commemorative booklet in 2000 of which there were approximately 333 copies printed for distribution, primarily to attendees of NECON XX. Thanks for the reminder, though, as the entry for that story wasn't in the Library for some reason but it's now been added here--not the story itself, but the information about it including Stephen's introduction which is in the section for Inspiration.

Marsha!

Tabby 2.