Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Things you wish you had discovered a long time ago - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Things you wish you had discovered a long time ago

Default Re: Things you wish you had discovered a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    Myself.
    Todash - I like your new avatar - have you lost some weight?

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMack View Post
    Arista you are a member that I've admired a long time. In saying that I'd like to say that I don't want to hijack your thread but I'd like to hear from others on a slightly off-topic question . . .forgive me, Arista.

If you could write a note to your younger self . . .what would you say?
    Follow your dreams, not the plans of others.

I wish I had discovered the SKMB before last year! and no I am NOT sucking up!

Last edited by Neesy; October 26th, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

Easier to say what I wish I had not discovered...and in lieu of that I'd leave a note to my younger self. One of those summer days and there isn't anything to do so this kid steps into the pantry and eyes the cupboards, feels the chill in the air, spots the note, a letter turns out, next to the Campbell's soup, Bean with Bacon, one of the Manhandlers. The letter is unsealed, addressed, but without a stamp. Some things are best left undiscovered, knowledge...that comes at a price, the result a topsyturvification...so I'd leave a note to my self...even so, Ms O'Connor wrote that the truth does not change according to our ability to accept it...so even w/a note...that I know that seven-year-old kid would read, even with that...the world would not have been any different. I imagine that knowledge would have come to me, eventually...and I can't imagine what the world would have been like without it. Best go sit in a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    Easier to say what I wish I had not discovered...and in lieu of that I'd leave a note to my younger self. One of those summer days and there isn't anything to do so this kid steps into the pantry and eyes the cupboards, feels the chill in the air, spots the note, a letter turns out, next to the Campbell's soup, Bean with Bacon, one of the Manhandlers. The letter is unsealed, addressed, but without a stamp. Some things are best left undiscovered, knowledge...that comes at a price, the result a topsyturvification...so I'd leave a note to my self...even so, Ms O'Connor wrote that the truth does not change according to our ability to accept it...so even w/a note...that I know that seven-year-old kid would read, even with that...the world would not have been any different. I imagine that knowledge would have come to me, eventually...and I can't imagine what the world would have been like without it. Best go sit in a tree.
    Okay - now you have me intrigued - whatever could have been in that letter? Enquiring minds need to know!

I'll send you the answer in an email some-time...about 20-25 pages worth. I held that answer and nurtured it and fed off it and made it grow...for better than...want to say nineteen years, oh la...but I think the truth is closer to seventeen. They don't teach you in kindergarten that people fail...the teacher calls you by your old man's name and makes you sit by the door...so you can be a gentleman and hold the door open for fire drills, yes ma'am, ghee-duxie & boygullia. That's what I wish I had discovered a long time ago...people fail you. A lesson we all learn, time and again.

Quote Originally Posted by no bounce no play View Post
    Wow, y'all are deep! I feel pretty stupid for wishing I'd discovered a coffeemaker sooner lol
    Wait. There was coffee? Slide a cup on down the bar, there, pardner.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234