This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Message Board Suggestions

Cool Message Board Suggestions

Any suggestions for features or changes to the message board should be posted to this thread.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Default Re: Message Board Suggestions

I'm trying to figure things out so I'm not sure but it seems that you have to manually subscribe to each thread. Another board I belong to automatically subscribes you to any thread you post in which is very handy. You don't have to remember everywhere you have posted. You just check your user cp for any new posts.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Well the place looks to plain why not add some color and some pics of SK or some characters.

just my thoughts

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; 3P_UVRM 1.0.17.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwana View Post
    I'm trying to figure things out so I'm not sure but it seems that you have to manually subscribe to each thread. Another board I belong to automatically subscribes you to any thread you post in which is very handy. You don't have to remember everywhere you have posted. You just check your user cp for any new posts.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

That option is available here as well but the default setting is no notifications. To set it up to receive them, go to:

User CP>Edit Options>Messaging & Notification>Default Thread Subscription Mode

From there you can select how you want to receive the notifications.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by SK'sGal View Post
    Well the place looks to plain why not add some color and some pics of SK or some characters.

just my thoughts

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; 3P_UVRM 1.0.17.0)
    If you look down at the lower left corner of the page, there is a setting called Default style with a drop down menu. You can choose other styles there.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4

Might not be such a great idea, but how's about a video game discussion board? There's plenty of horror-related stuff out there that SK fans might be into.
    Been done and taken down before, or just a non-starter?
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2)

Moderator's Reply:
    There are already threads started for that.

I thought a chat room would be a cool feature. I asked Jordan and he said that's what the social groups were for and that's all well and good but to be able to chat with members instantly at any given hour is a great way to get to know each other. It's also cool when you can't sleep or are really bored and you see others are in the same boat. Please think about it for a possible future addition? Thanks. Peace, CJ
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
    Moderator's Reply:
    We won't be adding a chat room to the board.

-- Jordan

Would it be possible for the message board to notify you by email when your post has been added?
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; Zune 3.0)
    Moderator's Reply:
    Most probably not, but I'll look into the idea.

-- Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by mylife4usk View Post
    I thought a chat room would be a cool feature. I asked Jordan and he said that's what the social groups were for and that's all well and good but to be able to chat with members instantly at any given hour is a great way to get to know each other. It's also cool when you can't sleep or are really bored and you see others are in the same boat. Please think about it for a possible future addition? Thanks. Peace, CJ
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
    We have a chat option on our board and we have a lot of traffic but no one seems to use it.

I think it's because there are so many chatting choices now that people don't need it on message boards.

If it wasn't already there, I don't think it would be worth it.

Um, sorry if I'm in the wrong spot for this Jordan, or if it's already been addressed (my memory is terrible).
    Over in the social group for the Long Road Home, it would be helpful to us if there was a sticky area or a place above the chat box where we could post the names of the recipients in different colors to indicate where the book has been and where it's going next so we don't have to keep trawling for the list or begging spideyman to re-type it.
    Is it possible to adapt something like that without major headaches?
    Thanks for any help, (and I also think the office is amazing. Thanks for making this place so exciting all the time. You too, Ms. Mod!)
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; IEMB3; IEMB3)
    Moderator's Reply:
    This is the first I'm hearing of the request, but I won't be able to put that together for you in any kind of realistic time frame. Sorry about that.

The owner of the group, that is whomever set it up (JohnDaglish) could put the name(s) into the description of the group using the "Edit Group" link displayed to him at the bottom of the group itself. That would keep the list at the top of the group page.

-- Jordan

Thanks so much for the prompt attention - and I hope your holidays are happy and peas-ful, if you celebrate!
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; IEMB3; IEMB3)

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast