This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Is there an option to search ALL your posts/threads on your profile page?

Hybrid View

Default Is there an option to search ALL your posts/threads on your profile page?

As far as I can tell, there are only options to search 'latest posts' or 'latest started threads', which only provides a limited selection.

I don't really see the use of this; when you are searching for something particular you want to search ALL that you posted...

Default Re: Is there an option to search ALL your posts/threads on your profile page?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
    As far as I can tell, there are only options to search 'latest posts' or 'latest started threads', which only provides a limited selection.

I don't really see the use of this; when you are searching for something particular you want to search ALL that you posted...
    In the Quick Links drop down menu there are several options for searching through your MB activity including: Subscribed Threads, My Threads and My Posts.
    The menu is located Next to Forum Actions along the top bar of each page you view.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Default Re: Is there an option to search ALL your posts/threads on your profile page?

Thanks! That menu seems to give the exact same results though. I still didn't find a post I was looking for which I'm sure I made.

But I suppose it's possible a thread can be deleted or lost sometimes? And then your own posts in that thread would disappear too?

Sorry, was too late to include this in my last reply:

But under Join Date and Location in the user details on the board itself it says: 155 posts for me, yet when I look in the Quick Links menu under My Posts (or alternatively on my profile page at Latest Posts) there are only 102...

Thanks! That menu seems to give the exact same results though. I still didn't find a post I was looking for which I'm sure I made.

But I suppose it's possible a thread can be deleted or lost sometimes? And then your own posts in that thread would disappear too?
    Sorry, was too late to include this in my last reply:

But under Join Date and Location in the user details on the board itself it says: 155 posts for me, yet when I look in the Quick Links menu under My Posts (or alternatively on my profile page at Latest Posts) there are only 102...
    I see, some time ago during an upgrade many threads/posts were purged to improve board performance. They are archived and Jordan still has access to these.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

...we binge on words, then we purge...I think we may have a posting disorder...