Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Skeleton Crew --> Fantasy Island?!

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

View Poll Results: Do you think network programming uses subliminals to sell audiences on new artists?

Voters
1. This poll is closed
  • Yes of course - I like that about TV.

0 0%
  • Yeah, maybe - I wonder where I get those strange craving for schlock sometimes!

1 100.00%
  • Maybe - wow, you is crazy crazy!

0 0%
  • No way - I refuse to entertain that notion in any form.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Skeleton Crew --> Fantasy Island?!

Default Skeleton Crew --> Fantasy Island?!

How is it that a "blast" of Stephen King book jackets (including this one Skeleton Crew) appeared during a Fantasy Island episode ca. 1979? Most of those books were years away from release... Yet a large handful of them appear in a 5-second montage during the climactic moment of the unrelated network program, the jackets for first-edition Fire-starter and Christine and Pet Sematary and It among the "scary" graphics. Were you (Stephen) involved with subliminally dosing the public with your work at that time? Also...

Also. "A Prayer for Owen Meany" aside, do you top-shelf writers/producers all know each other and beat the **** out of each other with your characters? Such as your Arnie Cuntingham, to name just one...And If so, do you people garner revenge upon each other for the references, or is the published book the revenge? for any social mockery (like whatever Cunningham did to you at Lake Crystal)? "Curiosity kills Dr. Sleep, I imagine..." is unutterable.

What else? You perverted my childhood from 5th grade on... or rather, I perverted myself by reading your novels! But they filled a void. And unless you messed up my adolescence from afar you provided a creepy comfort which I have mixed feelings about. Actually, I found the themes of Carrie and Misery to be very useful recently (even though I quit reading pulp fiction by the time I was 18). Peripheral thought: do you think the Hugo girl was too cute to play Carrie in the new film? (Ask John Travolta, I guessed, lol.)

Finally. After that car struck you I read that you'd quit writing. I kind of wish you had, as Under the Dome was a clever concept yet pathetically executed; and, my guess is that Dr. Sleep is a cover-up of some kind to dissuade psychoanalysis of your mental state early on in your hurried harried writing. "But I could be wrong. I could be" write. (Johnny Rotten of PiL says: sorry if this is a jerk commentary?) Blah blah blah time now to find Straub's unfinished novel(s) and get to the root of this subliminal dosing conspiracy to fund your career via network television, in the 1970s and even today! (And of course that's why you hated Kubrik's version of your Shining! He was independent! But did you honestly think DeMorney's acting was superior to Duvall's? Let alone Nicholson...)

Default Re: Skeleton Crew --> Fantasy Island?!

Heavy, you are all over the place, you know that? Welcome to the board, but I get the feeling we might not hear from you again, that's just a pattern we see on this board from time to time.

Ummmmm....... Guys with butterfly nets enter stage left?

Heavy, you really know how to flatter a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    Heavy, you are all over the place, you know that? Welcome to the board, but I get the feeling we might not hear from you again, that's just a pattern we see on this board from time to time.
    ...makes me feel like, first I wanna hug em, then boot em in the seat of the pants...talk about Ricochet Rabbit on crack!....

Sounds like a person in need of seritonin.