Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Favourite Quotes and Quotations - Page 109

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 109 of 344 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3439

Thread: Favourite Quotes and Quotations

Default Re: Favourite Quotes and Quotations

'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

Albert Einstein

Insanity is inherited. You get it from your kids. I don't know who originated that one, but my mother told it to me. She was kidding, of course.

"Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs" -Unknown

"At midnight all the agents
    And the superhuman crew
    Go out and round up everyone that knows more than they do."

Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

Albert Einstein
    I was going to just click a thank you for your useful post button, but this needs a response.
    This is truth to the max, Haunted and I put that quote to good use on many occasions...keeps me focused on long term stuff, you ken?

Thank you for your useful post!

Quote Originally Posted by Perse Jr. View Post
    I do think that the soul plays a part in housing all of your experiences that make up the energy of who you are.
    -Jen (jenboxer77)
    Very well put, Jen.
    The soul starts tranferring this information into energy the minute you are born...maybe sooner.. ???

Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans - John Lennon

War doesn't determine who is right - just who is left Bertrand Russel

"Attitude determines altitude."
    --- Unknown

I'm really not a big fan of Thomas Jefferson (one of my least favorite Presidents), but these are some pretty good quotes.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago. -Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson

I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive.-Thomas Jefferson

Power is not alluring to pure minds.-Thomas Jefferson

Most bad government has grown out of too much government.-Thomas Jefferson

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?-Thomas Jefferson

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.-Thomas Jefferson

A free people [claim] their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate.-Thomas Jefferson

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases.