Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Favourite Quotes and Quotations - Page 174

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 174 of 344 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 3439

Thread: Favourite Quotes and Quotations

Default Re: Favourite Quotes and Quotations

Good luck is often with the man who doesn't include it in his plans.
    ~ Unknown

"Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?"

Dr Seuss vol 4...

You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know. You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go. So be sure when you step. Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act. Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up your right foot with your left.

Think and wonder, wonder and think.

There's no limit to how much you'll know, depending how far beyond zebra you go.

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?

He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

The storm starts, when the drops start dropping
    When the drops stop dropping then the storm starts stopping.

Things may happen and often do to people as brainy and footsy as you.

Words and pictures are yin and yang. Married, they produce a progeny more interesting than either parent.

How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?

Be grateful youíre not in the forest in France
    Where the average young person just hasnít a chance
    To escape from the perilous pants eating plants
    But your pants are safe, youíre a fortunate guy
    You ought to be shouting how lucky am I.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

George Washington Carver vol 1...

Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.

Fear of something is at the root of hate for others, and hate within will eventually destroy the hater.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.

I wanted to know the name of every stone and flower and insect and bird and beast. I wanted to know where it got its color, where it got its life - but there was no one to tell me.

If you love it enough, anything will talk with you.

Learn to do common things uncommonly well; we must always keep in mind that anything that helps fill the dinner pail is valuable.

Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.

No individual has any right to come into the world and go out of it without leaving something behind.

Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.

Cthulhu quotes (and their rough translations) Vol. 1

"Ewglu phln'slghn hngl'wi. Krha'gr br'clnuilha wgah'rly'ueh v'glua n'gl."
    "Chicks dig the tentacles. That's why I keep 'em where they can see 'em."

"Plg'lugn hwahghi shoggoth'hu gnu'ingldyah, hfir'ln plg'luinh ph'thahnl."
    "You can lead a shoggoth to water, but you can't make him de-solidify."

"Yuggoth'hg ng'hlui ph'thaghua k'lorhn h'gnohma Ghoora. Plg'n n'hgua Fomalhaut - d'rgu krha'grua ph'kalgn."
    "Yuggoth is one of the nicer planets in the Ghooric Zone. You should see Fomalhaut - now that's a sh**hole."

"Yn'gnl sh'g: D'phnegul k'tha dugh, ughl'nigu'ra ulfn'ahk y'ngwu Maghoor-N'kyah? F'nakhr ugh'r'yheh liung'ngu a'Phtak'lu, hfir'knia y'nu h'lyeahugha Oprah rg'ynh."
    "Many ask: When will I rise again, to lay waste to all the pitiful creatures of Earth? I had been thinking about next Tuesday, but I'm booked on Oprah that day."

"Ewgl'rlua ugh'r'hkanh r'ylu Flying Spaghetti Monster k'rkh y'lfrngh ph'tangh. Ugh'r'yugha f'nigughr Ithaqua, k'lryea g'nugha hngl'wi'ng, hfir'gnua shluggr'ya ungh'lyeh k'reh y'gr ftenhg."
    "People keep talking about this Flying Spaghetti Monster as if I'm supposed to know who it is. I thought it might be Ithaqua, just being a di**head, but it turned out to just be something they made up."

"Unglnu'nph k'lyeh r'wnglua hngilu'phth'n, l'yi? Rg'hlia k'gr. F'nath rg'hlia gr'rnua."
    "I consume human soul-energy for a living, okay? It's my job. Just shut up and let me do my job."

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob T. Long View Post
    Cthulhu quotes (and their rough translations) Vol. 1

"Ewglu phln'slghn hngl'wi. Krha'gr br'clnuilha wgah'rly'ueh v'glua n'gl."
    "Chicks dig the tentacles. That's why I keep 'em where they can see 'em."

"Plg'lugn hwahghi shoggoth'hu gnu'ingldyah, hfir'ln plg'luinh ph'thahnl."
    "You can lead a shoggoth to water, but you can't make him de-solidify."

"Yuggoth'hg ng'hlui ph'thaghua k'lorhn h'gnohma Ghoora. Plg'n n'hgua Fomalhaut - d'rgu krha'grua ph'kalgn."
    "Yuggoth is one of the nicer planets in the Ghooric Zone. You should see Fomalhaut - now that's a sh**hole."

"Yn'gnl sh'g: D'phnegul k'tha dugh, ughl'nigu'ra ulfn'ahk y'ngwu Maghoor-N'kyah? F'nakhr ugh'r'yheh liung'ngu a'Phtak'lu, hfir'knia y'nu h'lyeahugha Oprah rg'ynh."
    "Many ask: When will I rise again, to lay waste to all the pitiful creatures of Earth? I had been thinking about next Tuesday, but I'm booked on Oprah that day."

"Ewgl'rlua ugh'r'hkanh r'ylu Flying Spaghetti Monster k'rkh y'lfrngh ph'tangh. Ugh'r'yugha f'nigughr Ithaqua, k'lryea g'nugha hngl'wi'ng, hfir'gnua shluggr'ya ungh'lyeh k'reh y'gr ftenhg."
    "People keep talking about this Flying Spaghetti Monster as if I'm supposed to know who it is. I thought it might be Ithaqua, just being a di**head, but it turned out to just be something they made up."

"Unglnu'nph k'lyeh r'wnglua hngilu'phth'n, l'yi? Rg'hlia k'gr. F'nath rg'hlia gr'rnua."
    "I consume human soul-energy for a living, okay? It's my job. Just shut up and let me do my job."
    Hi,

Now say that out loud!

Long days and pleasant nights

The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.
    - Mark Twain

Wit is the sudden marriage of ideas which, before their union, were not perceived to have any relation.
    - Mark Twain

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug.
    - Mark Twain

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
    - Mark Twain

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
    - Mark Twain

There is one thing one has to have: either a soul that is cheerful by nature, or a soul made cheerful by work, love, art, and knowledge.
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

George Washington Carver vol 2...

Our creator is the same and never changes despite the names given Him by people here and in all parts of the world. Even if we gave Him no name at all, He would still be there, within us, waiting to give us good on this earth.

Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God.

Since new developments are the products of a creative mind, we must therefore stimulate and encourage that type of mind in every way possible.

There is no short cut to achievement. Life requires thorough preparation - veneer isn't worth anything.

When our thoughts - which bring actions - are filled with hate against anyone, Negro or white, we are in a living hell. That is as real as hell will ever be.

When you can do the common things of life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.

Where there is no vision, there is no hope.