This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 60 of 344 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes and Quotations

Default Re: Favourite Quotes and Quotations

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." -- Calvin Coolidge

This quotation is a bit long, but I remind myself of this quotation daily because there so many times during the day when I don't want to finish something, but this quote presses me on. Persistence will take you places not talent alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDalglish View Post
    Hi,

Never heard that one before, beautiful, La Belladonna.

Long days and pleasant nights
    Thanks John. I've never been able to pin down where it came from, but my uncle said it one night at a family get together to teach us young people a lesson....He was always one for sayings and such. Good man.

'Attitude is Everything'

This quote was written on a poster on the wall of a leather tannery I worked at.

I like it because, it's true in so many ways. Say, you have a set base, or a set way of looking at the world. Then, say you were thrown in to a place that humans would consider to be a "hell". Well, attitude is everything. I'll hold my morals to no end. If I was thrust into another dimension, I would be just fine, because I stand for what I believe, no matter what, where, or when.

Even if you had no memory. I mean, picture you take a fire-fighter or a dedicated nurse, and you threw their essence back in time, say a thousand years ago, maybe even during a time of war. Say they didn't know the difference, because to them, they saw themselves as if they were always there in that time. Well, the essence of their actions, and their attitude towards it all, would be just the same. Somebody nice, would still offer unselfish help to others, and a total greedy jerk, would still be a total greedy jerk, even a thousand years ago. Or even a thousand years from now, if it was the same soul with the same attitude.

But yeah, attitude is very important. And chutzpah is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackThorn View Post
    'Attitude is Everything'
    A fellow horse show competitor hangs a plaque on the front of her horses’ stall that says:

“ Attitude is everything, let the stress begin!”

Little does she know it inspires me too.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelZ View Post
    "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." -- Calvin Coolidge

This quotation is a bit long, but I remind myself of this quotation daily because there so many times during the day when I don't want to finish something, but this quote presses me on. Persistence will take you places not talent alone.
    One of my favorite quotes, it has gotten me through many dark places.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyPain View Post
    I love this quote! I'll have to copy it onto a piece of paper and hang it up for my husband. I needed a smile.
    Great! One of my absolute favorite things is making someone else smile.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelZ View Post

Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.
    -Dale Carnegie

Persistence and enthusiasm breeds talent and success.
    -Gwen

This is one of the very few 'sure' things in life.

"Summer's lease hath all too short a date" William Shakespeare

'Hold a true friend with both your hands.' Nigerian Proverb

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you. ---Ralph Waldo Emerson