Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Favourite Quotes and Quotations - Page 69

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 69 of 344 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes and Quotations

Default Re: Favourite Quotes and Quotations

"Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect." - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    "Some people are just poops." —Kim L.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael The Wolf View Post
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect." - Steven Wright
    I love Steven Wright.
    He also said, "I'd kill for a nobel peace prize."

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.

I have plenty of common sense! I just choose to ignore it.

Reality continues to ruin my life.

Careful. We don't want to learn from this.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

All from the cartoonist, Bill Watterson from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strips. I grew up reading this stuff and I loved Calvin and how much of a smarta$$ yet always lazy kid. Bill Watterson was just great at everything he seemed to do with the comic strip.

I try to stay away from poopy people. They have a tendency of infecting everything around them with their fecality. Gimmie a bright blessed soul any day of the week. We'll turn each other on like Christmas lights.

But poopy people... Yeelch. I clash with them like lightning clashes with rods. Something inside me hungers to challenge them, and rip them apart before they cause any harm in my domain.

Like, I'm watching Gremlins right now, and that punk Jared (Don't call me Jeff! That's not my name) is flaunting how big of a stooge he is over the hero we really like, and the little adorable chicky who is totally only interested in the hero. I can't even watch a movie like this without verbalizing what I would do or say to a scuzz like that.

"You haven't seen my new place..."

-- I haven't seen your old place.

"Come on, we're talkin cable."

The other day, a woman who had been there when my foot got crushed under the bedrock bolder, told me,

"Just think. That could have been the end of your ballet career..."

She was absolutely true about me not being able to dance anymore if my foot didn't slip in as straight as it could. If it went in sideways, I would have needed complete reconstructive surgery to even be able to limp again.

However. I could have pointed out that this woman has never seen me dance, and has never experienced my fury, and will never experience how damn good it makes me feel to move my body in those ways.

I could have pointed out, that she has a pretty good sized spare tire. I could have pointed out, that you can already see my six-pack, even though I haven't done any crunches in about 6 months, and haven't done any pushups for the entire past month. I could have also pointed out the residual power left behind a successful invocation.

But I'm not a jerk.

Ooooooooooooo... candy for my soul...

"To say, not to move, is a move..."

I'm moving more than it looks like. Let me just say that...

Being open minded can be a good thing, just don't be so open minded that your brains fall out.

Quote Originally Posted by smjohn View Post
    Being open minded can be a good thing, just don't be so open minded that your brains fall out.
    This reminds me of one of my dear old Da's comments, "If they had any brains they'd take them out and play with them." I think he used to say it more around this political time of year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fudd View Post
    This reminds me of one of my dear old Da's comments, "If they had any brains they'd take them out and play with them." I think he used to say it more around this political time of year too.
    That's funn My grandmother used to say that all the time (mostly about my dad/her son)