This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerald's Game

Smile Re: Gerald's Game

awesome sweetie but im Rhianne pronounced like Reeanne but hey call me whatever lol.

Default Re: Gerald's Game

Ill call you RhiRhi its fun.

Gerald's Game is probably the only SK story I've only read once - I really must pick it up again, although it's not one of my favourites, probably in my bottom 3, along with Dolores Claibourne and The Girl who loved Tom Gordon.
    Having said that, just because they're in the bottom 3, does not mean I dislike these stories you understand.

I absolutely loved the suspense in Gerald's Game. I thought I would not like this book, but I could not put it down and have probably read it at least three times.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger67 View Post
    Gerald's Game is probably the only SK story I've only read once - I really must pick it up again, although it's not one of my favourites, probably in my bottom 3, along with Dolores Claibourne and The Girl who loved Tom Gordon.
    Having said that, just because they're in the bottom 3, does not mean I dislike these stories you understand.

I agree on the point about the girl who loved tom gordon that was an okay read but again not my favourite.

Default Gerald's Game

Hi. Well I just finished Gerald's Game last night and I loved it! I got that cool clammy feeling under my skin and continue to get it every time I think about it. In fact I had nightmares last night and everytime I woke the book is all I could think about. I wonder why so many people don't like it too much?

Secondly, I see that the eclipse appears in Dolores Claiborne as well as Gerald's Game, is it included in any other stories? I have only made it through about 12 of my SK collection so far and don't remember it being mentioned in any of those.

I enjoyed this book and came up with many reasons how this was going to finish...everyone of them wrong. It was a good read.

I personally loved this book as well, and was surprised to read some posts of people who didn't like it. I thought it was very gripping, and had many levels of symbolism. It just blows my mind that King can come up with situations like this. On the surface you think, "there's a gotta be an easy solution to get out of this", but once he starts setting it up, you realize how much more complicated it is. I mean can you imagine how different things would be if King wrote Cujo now, and not 20 years before cell phones? It's the same thing.

I thought this situation was brilliant for symbolizing her struggles in dealing with the molestation. And as always I love when he combines places/characters from other books. To my knowledge I don't think he uses the eclipse anywhere else, but you'll see the pattern of other characters popping up in multiple books often.

Glad to know there's another fan of the book out there! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
    Secondly, I see that the eclipse appears in Dolores Claiborne as well as Gerald's Game, is it included in any other stories? I have only made it through about 12 of my SK collection so far and don't remember it being mentioned in any of those.
    Those are the only two that the eclipse is in. If I remember correctly Steve said somewhere that he wanted to write a third book where the two women from Dolores Claiborne and Gerald's Game would meet each other and have the eclipse experience in common. It has yet to be written however.

Gerald's Game was never one of my favorites - although it was my first King - and you never forget your first. lol

Gerald's Game is one of my all time favorites!! I totally get the creepy vibe also, but that's what I LOVE about it. I've read it more than once and it freaks me out every time!
    Sudoole

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast