Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your latest Stephen King related purchase... - Page 104

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 104 of 216 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2159

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

I won a copy of Duma Key from a book bloggers spooky books giveaway! I haven't read it yet so I am very excited to!

I just got my license so I can now drive, I'm 25....yeah.....I know I just don't like to drive, but the bus is worse. Anyway I splurged (I shouldn't have since I don't have a job right now) and bought the bumper sticker from the sites shop.

Quote Originally Posted by *~*Lily*~* View Post
    I won a copy of Duma Key from a book bloggers spooky books giveaway! I haven't read it yet so I am very excited to!
    Good for you! I won an advance readers copy of Lisey's Story from the publisher a few years ago. It's always more special when the prize is King related, eh? Enjoy the book! It's a great read!

I just received my signed/limited copy of The Stand in the mail today and it's absolutely eye-poppingly GORGEOUS! Simply one of the best, if not THE best, limiteds of Sai King's work there is. Now I will have to do some rearranging of the bookcase again...........

I got this a while ago, but promised the seller I would not post it for a while. I got permission today.

The CD Full Dark, No Stars black galley proof:

This is one of 10 or less produced.

John

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I just received my signed/limited copy of The Stand in the mail today and it's absolutely eye-poppingly GORGEOUS! Simply one of the best, if not THE best, limiteds of Sai King's work there is. Now I will have to do some rearranging of the bookcase again...........
    What, the coffin edition?
    Really?
    That one is really hard to find, nevermind how expensive it is.
    Congrats!

I found a first edition of IT in a secondhand bookstore for the unreal price of 10 Canadian bucks.

I order Under the dome translated to Finnish. I've read the English version and it was great. But now I really want to know if the Finnish version of the same book is good too. And that's one reason why I order it. I got it yesterday and start to read it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo87 View Post
    I order Under the dome translated to Finnish. I've read the English version and it was great. But now I really want to know if the Finnish version of the same book is good too. And that's one reason why I order it. I got it yesterday and start to read it soon.
    I hope the quality of translation has improved over the years. One of the reasons I never read the finnish versions anymore, is the way some novels, e.g. It and Tommyknockers were translated into Finnish.
    And of course, the English version is available earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    What, the coffin edition?
    Really?
    That one is really hard to find, nevermind how expensive it is.
    Congrats!

I found a first edition of IT in a secondhand bookstore for the unreal price of 10 Canadian bucks.
    Hi, SRBO, yes it is the 'coffin' edition, the one that comes in the big black wooden red silk-lined box. If I can figure out how to post a pic on here I will do so, I tried once before on something else but it wouldn't take the file? I'm not going to say what I paid for it, I purchased it thru Bett's Books, suffice to say that you could get a small used car for the same price. But, I had to 'treat' myself to something extravagant with the inheritance from my Dad's estate. I'm sure he's rolling his eyes at me for doing so, but this edition is something I've lusted after ever since it was released way back when........

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Hi, SRBO, yes it is the 'coffin' edition, the one that comes in the big black wooden red silk-lined box. If I can figure out how to post a pic on here I will do so, I tried once before on something else but it wouldn't take the file? I'm not going to say what I paid for it, I purchased it thru Bett's Books, suffice to say that you could get a small used car for the same price. But, I had to 'treat' myself to something extravagant with the inheritance from my Dad's estate. I'm sure he's rolling his eyes at me for doing so, but this edition is something I've lusted after ever since it was released way back when........
    Hi,

Congrats, yes it IS beautiful (no, I don't have one but I've seen it and lusted after it too).

Long days and pleasant nights