Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your latest Stephen King related purchase... - Page 106

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 106 of 216 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2159

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Royski View Post
    Just got a 2nd printing of the Gunslinger. Was trying to hold out for a first edition to fill the empty space, but still can't rationally spend that much on a book at this time.
    I have a 2nd edition of this book as well. It makes a fine substitute for the 1st since the amount printed was the same IMO (10,000). I'm not forking out that much $$$ right now either.

As for my recent purchases, I have tried to round out all of SK's uncollected works.

I purchased within the last week:

SK Illustrated Companion
    TV Guide w/Before The Play
    Do-It-Yourself Bestseller
    Salem's Lot Illustrated edition
    Bred An Good Rooks?
    First Words
    Antaeus: The Final Volume
    The Big Book of NECON
    McSweeney’s Mammoth Treasury of Thrilling Tales
    McSweeney’s Enchanted Chamber of Astonishing Stories
    He Is Legend: Celebrating Richard Matheson
    The New Yorker, November 9, 2009
    Full Dark, No Stars - paperback
    Granta magazine October 27, 2011

I also picked up 11/22/63

Go Dawgs!

I'd say probably a whole pile of SK books, all from two used bookstores and it was only $30! I think I biught 15 books that day haha. Some of the ones I got were: Carrie, Firestarter, From a Buick 8, The Drawing of the Three, the Dead Zone, and bunch of others that I can't name off the top of my head. All of my SK books together take up two shelves on my bookshelf, and I'm going bargain hunting this weekend to stock up on SK for the winter lol.

I just recieved in the post, Desperation and Dreamcatcher. I got them pre owned from play.com - both are paperbacks, but whilst dreamcatcher is in good shape, some slight creases to the spine, and some page-top tanning, desperation has no marks on it and not a single crease in the spine - it must never have been read. And the price....4.14 for the 2. Does anyone else in the uk use play for books? It has some stupidly good bargains - I have previously said that I think I prefere 2nd hand books, and I am yet to pay 3 for a book, but even the new (as in not used) books are mostly 5 - 10. I was looking before, you can get the dark tower series for a combined 36.

Anyway, when I have finnished the shining, I am going to dive right into Desperation. As soon as I read the brief description on the website, I just wanted to read it badly. Looks like the Stand will have to wait a bit longer.

I got my copy of 11/22/63 today. I ordered through The Stephen King Library because it was cheaper. I figuered as new as the book is they would send a first edition. Insted it is a book club edition but I did get the 2012 SK desk calender & a book light with it.

The Stephen King Library is a division of Book of the Month Club so part of the reason they are cheaper is because they are book club editions and they do their own production. With a rare exception or two (Storm of the Century and Secret Windows), none of the Stephen King Library editions are ever considered first editions.

Just got the over-sized hardback Land of Enchantment limited edition Cycle of The Werewolf yesterday. Only 7,500 copies printed in 1983. I usually stay away from the expensive limited editions, but this one was too cheap to pass up. I got a really good deal on it. I like the 1st ed. hardback SK books, and the 1st trade edition of this book is smaller in size and only available in paperback form. If they had produced a hardback trade edition I would not have shelled out the $75.00 for this book. I now get to donate my old 1st trade edition paperback to the local library.

This past Saturday, I purchased three first edition King books from a thrift store for $6.00 total. They are more recent books, so it doesn't surprise me that I was able to find them in first edition, but I'm thrilled! The dust jackets are in excellent condition and so are the books. My kids were laughing at me last night as I very carefully removed the little price stickers that the thrift store stuck on.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    The Stephen King Library is a division of Book of the Month Club so part of the reason they are cheaper is because they are book club editions and they do their own production. With a rare exception or two (Storm of the Century and Secret Windows), none of the Stephen King Library editions are ever considered first editions.
    I think I have seen some of the SK Library editions and they are very nice. They are full size and have the original artwork dust jackets. I think my hard cover edition of Carrie is an SK Library edition. I don't like those BC editions that are smaller. Maybe Ms Mod can confirm this but I think the SK Library books are full size and exact duplications of the originals.

Sorry, but I'll have to leave that to someone who is a member of the SK Library. We don't get copies of those books at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstantReader1973 View Post
    This past Saturday, I purchased three first edition King books from a thrift store for $6.00 total. They are more recent books, so it doesn't surprise me that I was able to find them in first edition, but I'm thrilled! The dust jackets are in excellent condition and so are the books. My kids were laughing at me last night as I very carefully removed the little price stickers that the thrift store stuck on.
    Gotta love those thrift store purchases! You never know what you're going to find there. I found a signed hardback mint condition copy of Insomnia and paid $2.99 for it!! (and yes, it's SK's siggy on it, I know what that looks like) I would love to know how this book ended up at a thrift store, tho.........???????? I also know someone who picked up a first printing hardback of Carrie (ex-library, but still in pretty good condition) and paid 50 cents for it!! You just gotta keep checking back to see what's new there.