This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 107 of 216 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2159

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Most recently, I was lucky enough to be near the front of the line at the JFK library in Boston so I was able to purchase a signed copy of 11/22/63.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Gotta love those thrift store purchases! You never know what you're going to find there. I found a signed hardback mint condition copy of Insomnia and paid $2.99 for it!! (and yes, it's SK's siggy on it, I know what that looks like) I would love to know how this book ended up at a thrift store, tho.........???????? I also know someone who picked up a first printing hardback of Carrie (ex-library, but still in pretty good condition) and paid 50 cents for it!! You just gotta keep checking back to see what's new there.
    My Mother went to visit my Nan a little while ago, and my Nan asked if she knew of anyone who read Stephen King books, my Mum said the I do, so my Nan gave her a hardback copy of Under The Dome which she bought at her library for 10 English pence (0.1). It has a protective cover over the dust cover, I have no idea if it is a first edition or anything, nor do I know how to check, but still.......10p. Library bargains are cool.

"From a Buick 8"; I'd gotten the hard back when it first came out and lent it to someone who STILL HAS IT YEARS LATER. So I bought the paperback and re-read it-and re-loved it.

I found a signed limited Edition of The Best American short stories of 2007,1of 26 Deluxe Edition/ also got A collectors set of Just after Sunset(it has a DVD of N attached in the book) /also a pop up 1st edition of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon/plus 3 other books and all for $50.

I like to buy used Stephen King books at Half.com, which I give to friends for birthdays, etc. Recently I bought Dolores Claiborne. I haven't read my own copy yet, though!

I recently bought a copy of The Stand (first trade edition) at a used book store. I'm still hoping I got a good deal and didn't pay too much. Anybody know what that's worth? Outside of priceless in all of our hearts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    I found a signed limited Edition of The Best American short stories of 2007,1of 26 Deluxe Edition/ also got A collectors set of Just after Sunset(it has a DVD of N attached in the book) /also a pop up 1st edition of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon/plus 3 other books and all for $50.
    Good Lord, where did you find this bargain at???? What an amazing score!!

Quote Originally Posted by DebA913 View Post
    I recently bought a copy of The Stand (first trade edition) at a used book store. I'm still hoping I got a good deal and didn't pay too much. Anybody know what that's worth? Outside of priceless in all of our hearts!!!
    The value all comes down to the condition of the book and dust jacket.

John

I have finally purchased Night Shift. I was looking for it everyone, and now I have finally got it.

I ordered Haven few weeks ago. Still haven't start to watch it yet, because need to wait until Christmas it's a gift to me.