This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 159 of 216 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2159

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Just purchased the bluray two-disc edition of 'The Mist' from amazon. Has the original theatrical version plus the 'director's version' in black and white (which is how Darabont wanted it done in the first place but the 'studio' said they wanted a color version. Haven't seen the B&W version, so am waiting for that!)Brand spanking new and it was only $7.13 + shipping! A little over $10 for a bluray! There's still a couple of copies available in case anyone's interested!
    I have that and love the B&W version

Well, I wasn't able to get a VIP ticket, but just got a great seat for Hartford appearance!

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I bought my Dad's lawyer a few books the other day, The Great Divorce by CSLewis, The Shack by William P Young, and Desperation by...oh, yeah, you already know who.
    I've been meeting with the lawyer for a while. He knows I'm a sK fan (in fact, he, his wife, and his office assistant saw Ghost Brothers of Darkland County because I told them about it!), and the other day he and I got into a conversation about sK novels which have a "religious" connection. So, I recommended Desperation, then offered to get him a copy.

latest SK related? Dan Simmon's Flashback.
    They quoted stephen king, praising simmons: he wishes he could write like him. So it was an easy buy.

Flashback was more a 3/5 kinda book, but It lead me to the Hyperion Cantos, a superb Sci-Fi tetralogie
    After the first book I had a better understanding what King meant.

But I'm curious which book SK had in mind as he stated that, probably not flashback

Every now and then I pop into my local charity shop looking for books - I find sk books and help a cancer charity, everyone wins - but last time in there, I looked at the dvds and found the green mile for 1.50 so bought it, it has been on loads over here recently, and I had never caught it from the beginning.

A friend of mine, Jenny, painted this. She also did a E.A. Poe clock for me.

I love you Jenny!

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post

A friend of mine, Jenny, painted this. She also did a E.A. Poe clock for me.

I love you Jenny!
    The sK one is really very good.

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    The sK one is really very good.
    I have it hung where I can see it from my office area at home. He judges me when I am not working on my writing, it helps. Jenny actually showed that painting in her Seattle show and it was a hit. She got a schit-ton of offers on it but she gave it to me because she wanted it to have a home where it would be loved. She's done all sorts of paintings of authors and other artists. This was her first Stephen King, she says he's got a beautiful and interesting face. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    I have it hung where I can see it from my office area at home. He judges me when I am not working on my writing, it helps. Jenny actually showed that painting in her Seattle show and it was a hit. She got a schit-ton of offers on it but she gave it to me because she wanted it to have a home where it would be loved. She's done all sorts of paintings of authors and other artists. This was her first Stephen King, she says he's got a beautiful and interesting face. I agree.
    I think so, too. But I avoid going around saying it. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Very nice Patricia!

I didn't buy anything King related but I am painting a picture of the Dark Tower and the field of roses on the wall in my laundry room. Husband thinks I've gone off my rocker. I don't know why he cares, he never goes in there so it shouldn't matter to him.
    Last edited by gniknehpets; March 23rd, 2013 at 01:08 PM. Reason: can't spell for $@%&