Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your latest Stephen King related purchase... - Page 173

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 173 of 216 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2159

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesalesman View Post
    Now THAT'S a good deal. Just picked up a second hardcover of The Stand for the office. Also found a strange hardcover of the same book, but it's printed on thin paper (like in a bible) and it's small enough to be a softcover. Weird.
    Sounds like it might be a pirated edition- check the last few pages and see if it's from Taiwan or China.

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Sounds like it might be a pirated edition- check the last few pages and see if it's from Taiwan or China.
    This paperback-sized hardcover seems legit. From cover to cover - exact same content as the regular hardcover. Looks to be a 2008 reissue of the Complete and Uncut version. Says 'Paw Prints' by the ISBN number on the back over. Never seen such a small hardcover before.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesalesman View Post
    This paperback-sized hardcover seems legit. From cover to cover - exact same content as the regular hardcover. Looks to be a 2008 reissue of the Complete and Uncut version. Says 'Paw Prints' by the ISBN number on the back over. Never seen such a small hardcover before.
    Who is the publisher listed on the copyright page?

Finally got my Joe hill book today.NOS4A2

I just bought old copies of Talisman, Different Seasons and a Story Collection called Gallery of Horror, which has one of his stories in it.

I need a dust cover for my first edition of the Stand. If anyone comes across a second or third for cheap with a dust cover please let me know and I will buy it. Cheap, please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Hi JOhn, I think in the UK they are still printing the Bachman Books as an omnibus edition (minus Rage) but in the US we don't have that option, you can only get the books individually (but not Rage, of course).
    Actually it's still possible to find a copy of The Bachman Books with Rage in it because I have bought it at a bookstore a while back. Although I don't understand why Rage is banned. Why is it really?

I went crazy, good pals, and preordered Joyland and Doctor Sleep for my Amazon Kindle in one fell swoop. There you go, a strong case for the convenience of E - books. It took me less than an ounce of energy to depress my mouse button to check these out. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal_Dragon View Post
    Actually it's still possible to find a copy of The Bachman Books with Rage in it because I have bought it at a bookstore a while back. Although I don't understand why Rage is banned. Why is it really?
    Stephen voluntarily pulled Rage from future printings. He discusses the reasons why in greater detail in his essay, "Guns", but this excerpt puts it in a nutshell:

"...I didn’t pull Rage from publication because the law demanded it; I was protected under the First Amendment, and the law couldn’t demand it. I pulled it because in my judgment it might be hurting people, and that made it the responsible thing to do...."

We still have a translated copy of Rage (trans. Raivo) in our local library. Cause I read it few years back. Of course
    I am not sure if it's still there. Haven't been to library for a while or so.