Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your latest Stephen King related purchase... - Page 214

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 214 of 216 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2159

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

I have this also and I'm anxious to get started. But I have the Joyland audio ahead of it, and I want to re-read The Shining first.

Quote Originally Posted by dsurrett View Post
    Dr. Sleep on audio download.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Listening to Needful Things on audio. I have Dr. Sleep, however, since he signed the book, I am worried I will spill something on it and crinkle a page. SO want to start. My friend sent me a kindle version, but I don't have kindle and it only showed the 14 pages when I converted the file. I ordered it at the library, but I am 374 in line. I am going to download the audio versions from iTunes. I have read to page around 34 by opening my book slightly. Everyone is talking about it and loving it. I have to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by agartner View Post
    I have Dr. Sleep, however, since he signed the book, I am worried I will spill something on it and crinkle a page.
    That's a tough one. I'd wait to get another copy, personally. But if you choose to peruse now, use the Force.

I never read my signed books, barely even opened them, don`t wanna crack the spine. Looked at the siggie, kissed the books and put them back in the slipcases I have.

And if somebody complains again why I kiss the books or how much I love King and stuff...Houston, we are going to have a HUGE problem, nevermind Tom Hanks and his little misadventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    And if somebody complains again why I kiss the books or how much I love King and stuff...Houston, we are going to have a HUGE problem, nevermind Tom Hanks and his little misadventure!
    No worries, I do look at his sig a lot. And also, with the slightest touch have run my fingertips along the lines of his signature. Then I realized, what am I doing I might smudge it! So now I am back to staring at it. I do stare at my book with longing. Oh, how I wanted a signed book, but now it has become torture too. HA.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoesalesman View Post
    That's a tough one. I'd wait to get another copy, personally. But if you choose to peruse now, use the Force.
    After reading the potato chips thread, I have stopped doing that. However, it still sits. At least I have his other books to keep me company.

Quote Originally Posted by Srbo View Post
    I never read my signed books, barely even opened them, don`t wanna crack the spine. Looked at the siggie, kissed the books and put them back in the slipcases I have.
    Hile, Brother, I hear ya on the not reading the signed ones. I have read some of them in the past, but now prefer to keep them in the best possible shape I can, so that's means either buying a copy of the signed limited along with a copy of a 'gift' edition (which is the one I will open and read and view the illustrations) or getting a signed limited and the regular trade edition. I'm pretty good with how I treat my books, but I have to confess that I have already dropped Doctor Sleep three times off of the arm of my recliner! Luckily it's landed on it side on the carpet so no damage as of yet......

I got Dr. Sleep and 7 other books, YEA.

Kingdom Hospital on DVD, four-disc set.