This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 215 of 216 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2159

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

The library edition Dr. Sleep came through, so my signed edition is still kept safe on my shelf and I can save a little money. (The download version is only $10.99, but I don't have an iPad) What's funny is it looks like someone already put smudges on the library book. Looks like someone was having a snack while reading! Can't wait to continue to read, since I only got to page 34!

Quote Originally Posted by agartner View Post
    The library edition Dr. Sleep came through, so my signed edition is still kept safe on my shelf and I can save a little money. (The download version is only $10.99, but I don't have an iPad) What's funny is it looks like someone already put smudges on the library book. Looks like someone was having a snack while reading! Can't wait to continue to read, since I only got to page 34!
    You can get a free version of Kindle for your home computer. I have it on mine and have a couple of King stories in my library along with some other novellas from others. It's nice to have because when King releases something that is ONLY available in digital form (like his essay Guns) you can get it and read it.

Last purchase was IT and The Eyes of The Dragon for $3! Just finished Tommyknockers (loved it) I got that for $4.

Library copy of DOCTOR SLEEP--LilMan knocked over a cup of coffee & stained the first few pages, so now it's mine

Today was half-price Thursday at a local thrift store. I snagged a hardcover Insomnia (very good condition), a Gunslinger paperback (in good condition) and a paperback of The Waste Lands (fairly good condition)-all for $3.71 including tax!!

I went to Ghostbrothers of darkland county. Got a few memories. A tee-shirt.a poster and a travel coffee mug.

Quote Originally Posted by skimom2 View Post
    Library copy of DOCTOR SLEEP--LilMan knocked over a cup of coffee & stained the first few pages, so now it's mine
    Oh no! And if your library is like our's, it's not just the book you had to pay for: I had to pay a $16 re-stocking fee, on top of the $32 cost of the book once! Well, at least you got a copy of Dr. Sleep and a story to go with.

I just ordered Faithful as a thank you gift for a friend of mine...he is a ginormous Red Sox fan and, to a lesser degree, a King fan.

I just returned from a used book store with a $3.00 copy of Cell, a $7.00 hardback replacement for my disintegrating paperback copy of Different Seasons & a $5.00 hardback copy of a "critical appreciation" of King called The Art of Darkness that I had not ever before seen. I was seeking a copy of The Green Mile but, alas, they did not have one (I am hoping to find the individual serial version rather than the collected novel).

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert_Grady View Post
    I just returned from a used book store with a $3.00 copy of Cell, a $7.00 hardback replacement for my disintegrating paperback copy of Different Seasons & a $5.00 hardback copy of a "critical appreciation" of King called The Art of Darkness that I had not ever before seen. I was seeking a copy of The Green Mile but, alas, they did not have one (I am hoping to find the individual serial version rather than the collected novel).
    You should really enjoy The Art Of Darkness! It's a great book about King covering his very early years, his struggles as an unpublished writer and his breakthrough with the publication of his first novel. Douglas Winter captures it all with a critics eye but also as a fan of King's writings.