Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Your latest Stephen King related purchase... - Page 92

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 92 of 216 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by The Nameless View Post
    I have only recently (within a year so) gotten into Sthephen's books after reading IT, so last week, I put 10 (UK) into my bank and had a look on the play trade section of play (a UK based entertainment website - books, cd's dvd's etc) to see what I could pick up. I got Pet Semetary, Misery, The Shining, and The Stand: Complete and Uncut edition - for a total of 9.75. I prefer 2nd hand paperbacks - paperbacks because I generally read most in bed, lying on my side with my book in one hand, so they are easier and lighter to hold. 2nd hand, because a book is something you pretty much have no choice but to mark and damage with spine creases, and general wear, and I don't like to damage my newly bought things. Plus there is just something that feels cozy and nostalgic about an old book.

I hope I dont come across as cheap.
    I think the word you want here is frugal, and there ain't nothin' wrong with watching where your hard earned cash is going! I myself like a good bargain when I find one.

I found a first edition printing in paperback copyright April 1975 Signet number 451-E6410 of Carrie at Value Village for $1.99 with only a little crease in the top right corner of the cover. I haven't read this book in over 20 years. Apparently, it could be worth up to $100 on a rare book site that I accidentally found.....I thought I was just lucky to find an original art cover book that I remember from my childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by kendra3 View Post
    I found a first edition printing in paperback copyright April 1975 Signet number 451-E6410 of Carrie at Value Village for $1.99 with only a little crease in the top right corner of the cover. I haven't read this book in over 20 years. Apparently, it could be worth up to $100 on a rare book site that I accidentally found.....I thought I was just lucky to find an original art cover book that I remember from my childhood.
    It could be worth some money if it has the original 'gate-fold' cover, the one that opens up and shows a fire. Cool find!! Gotta love those thrift store finds!

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    It could be worth some money if it has the original 'gate-fold' cover, the one that opens up and shows a fire. Cool find!! Gotta love those thrift store finds!
    It does have the 'gate-fold' cover with the fire in it with the quote "GUARANTEED TO CHILL YOU!" The New York Times on the flames inside cover & a quote "GORY AND HORRIFYING...YOU CAN'T PUT IT DOWN!" Chicago Tribune on the second page of the gate-fold's black paper. But I'll tell you something funny; I paid $1.99 from Value Village but the cover price originally on the book is $1.75! I'm not complaining over $0.24 but they charged me more than the book was supposed to be worth & usually they mark the prices less than the printed price. LOL.....I can't wait to re-read it again (I'm reading DT7 right now).

My latest purchase was THE DARK TOWER, THE GUNSLINGER BORN (MARVEL) I have two of THE STAND and two of the DARK TOWER, hoping to get all of them.

Found a copy of Nightmares in the Sky at a junk shop this weekend for $5.00. It's a photo book of Gargoyles in N.Y. City with text by SK. I had heard of it, but not seen it until now. It's quite creepy. A very good addition to my SK shelf.

Full Dark No Stars paperback.

I found the 6 individual chapters of The Green Mile at a yard sale.All first editions. So now I have an extra set but not all first editions,so basically I updated..I love Green Mile...

found mine at a used bookstore on battleground and love it tooo hard ,to find

I recently got the paperback edition of Full Dark, No Stars as an early birthday gift. I'm looking forward to reading it after I finish reading Dreamcatcher.