This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 93 of 216 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

What appear to be the original printer's proofs for It:

And the same for Misery:

I originally thought these were just F&Gs, but after inspection, I realize these are pre-proof items.

John

I was watching on ebay the full run of the Castle Rock newletters from the 1980s. Didn't get them though. They just got relisted this morning -- still could snatch them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinahorve View Post
    I was watching on ebay the full run of the Castle Rock newletters from the 1980s. Didn't get them though. They just got relisted this morning -- still could snatch them up.
    Do it! Do it! I'll even sign my short story that was in the Febuary 1987 issue if ya win them and send it to me! (And for those who can't do the math, I was three years old!!!! (step aside, my nose is growing longer........)

I just orded The Tommyknockers from playtrade online for a whopping....1.99 GBP. Yet another book that I vaguely remember the movie version of.

I do this quite a bit, I had to go the bank today to put in 16 for my phone, and 6 for a mail order bill, so I just round it up to 25 and then I look for a book under 3. You can find most of his books for that price. Should be able to pick up the darktower series for 20 - 25. I may look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinahorve View Post
    You'll see some of my Letters to the Editor in some of those issues!

John

kingricefan and jchanic --

You guys talked me into it. All 55 issues of newspaper! I let you know when I get them and read what you wrote 25 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgotha View Post
    I've recently gotten back into Stephen King, and pretty hardcore I might add. This past week I purchased dvd's of The Graveyard Shift and The Mist. Within the past two weeks I picked up paperbacks of From a Buick 8, The Stand (Which I'm reading now), The Dead Zone, It, and Salems Lot.
    If you leave SK for another author, and then come back to SK, does that make you an Inconstant Reader? Just a thought.

My most recent were a lot of 21 SK books(several of which I had already read) that I got off of eBay for about $20+ s&h. We won't discuss the fact that I had the wrong address in there(I hardly ever use eBay) and that my s&h charges got ridiculous before the escapade was over. However, I've gotten so much enjoyment from the books thus far, I could care less now how much I spent on stupid shipping charges. Besides, I still spent Way less than I would've buying them new, or driving all over town trying to find them at used book spots(Goodwill is my fave..I found a 1st edition of Misery there for a whole 99 cents earlier this year...though I think I've already mentioned that on here.)

Quote Originally Posted by jchanic View Post
    You'll see some of my Letters to the Editor in some of those issues!

John
    I'll have to look those up, do you know what issues they were in? I also had some book reviews published there (one of Tabitha King's Pearl). Also, I had a small scathing review of Maximum Overdrive..........

Over the weekend I downloaded the free ap for my pc for Kindle, in preparation for Mile 81, which I pre-ordered and I also purchased UR, which I haven't read yet. Amazon is also giving away for free the Dracula book as a download for Kindle, for all of you out there whom haven't read it or want to have it in your library. (PS- Is there a way to print out a hard copy from Kindle? I'd like to have one of UR for my library.)