This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 94 of 216 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Default Re: Your latest Stephen King related purchase...

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    I'll have to look those up, do you know what issues they were in? I also had some book reviews published there (one of Tabitha King's Pearl). Also, I had a small scathing review of Maximum Overdrive..........
    What?! Who didn't love Maximum Overdrive (ha). I would love to "publish" all the Castle Rock newletters out to a website, but read that it had been tried before, but someone couldn't get copyright approval. Who knows? That might have been a decade ago. Might try again. It would be good fun to read through all these and see everyone's thoughts "back in the day."

Quote Originally Posted by Tinahorve View Post
    What?! Who didn't love Maximum Overdrive (ha). I would love to "publish" all the Castle Rock newletters out to a website, but read that it had been tried before, but someone couldn't get copyright approval. Who knows? That might have been a decade ago. Might try again. It would be good fun to read through all these and see everyone's thoughts "back in the day."
    Good luck to you! You'd have to contact all of the people who have had articles, reviews, stories, etc. and get them to all sign off on that. I once thought about just using my laser scanner/copier to try and make copies of them but it didn't work out too well. I wanted to put them on a cd so in case anything should happen to the actual paper copies there would be a back up.

[QUOTE=Tinahorve;461486]kingricefan and jchanic --

You guys talked me into it. All 55 issues of newspaper! I let you know when I get them and read what you wrote 25 years ago.[/QUOTYou'll have to look under Dan B McMillen or without the 'B' for my stuff. You're gonna have fun looking at all of that stuff, too!! It'll bring back alot of memories.

My last King purchase was The Talisman and Black House on audio through Itunes for my Ipad which was awhile ago. However now that I've updated my ipad with my computer they aren't on my ipad. GRRRRRRR Really hoping that they are backed up on my computer because it looks as though I've lost my DT's too off my ipad.

Borders is going out of business...wwwwwaaaaaaaa... and I picked up a very nice collector's edition of Under the Dome. It has illustrations and other goodies.

I also just ordered "A Book of Horrors" edition signed by editor Stephen Jones and artist Les Edwards, and includes a new story by King. The traycased edition has sold out. It is co-published by Cemetery Dance and UK PS Publishing and can be ordered from either published. They are only printing 1000 copies. For more info you can go here: http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/jones02

Lastly, I posted elsewhere in this forum that I just received a great long-sleeve t-shirt from CafePress with "Constant Reader" on the front along with a replica of Stephen King's signature. It is way cool and the money goes to a good cause. I'd been looking again in this forum to find the thread where I heard about it, and realized the store can be accessed from the stephenking.com home page. Just click on the SK Merchandise link at the top of the page, or go here: http://www.cafepress.com/stephenking

Happy reading and happy purchasing!
    Debra

Unabridged audio of Blaze for a very nice price

Picked up some first editions of a few I had to check out of the library when they came out: Pet Sematary, Needful Things, and Insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    My last King purchase was The Talisman and Black House on audio through Itunes for my Ipad which was awhile ago. However now that I've updated my ipad with my computer they aren't on my ipad. GRRRRRRR Really hoping that they are backed up on my computer because it looks as though I've lost my DT's too off my ipad.
    I hear ya....I've had my share of mis-sync's. I've gotten into the habit of copying my ABs on an external HD just in case. I too have the DT from itunes (chaching!) and would hate to lose those. Good luck!!!!

The Road to The Dark Tower - Exploring Stephen King's Magnum Opus, by Bev Vincent. Bought it at Borders a couple of weeks ago - finished reading it sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee this morning! It was great! Like a trip down memory lane with insight and info added! I highly recommend adding this book to anyone's collection!
    (Judging by the number of exclamation points in what I just wrote, it's possbile that I may have had too much coffee this morning)
    !!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

I picked up a first edition Grant copy of The Wastelands from ebay. I was pleasantly surprised at the great condition of this book. Someone took very good care of it. The book is 100 or so pages longer than my trade paperback edition so there is lots of extra white space. The illustrations look more vibrant too. It's a beautiful edition.