Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Newcomers, Please Read... - Page 14

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcomers, Please Read...

Default Re: Newcomers, Please Read...

Quote Originally Posted by RayRay1979 View Post

Hello All! This is my first time ever posting anything here, or anywhere else for that matter. I'm an avid King reader and have been for most of my life. I'm 29 now and I remember picking up my first King book when I was about 12. (my mother wasn't very happy about that back then) Well, just wanted to say HI.

Oh! One other question while I'm here. I'm a bit embarassed to ask, but here goes. When I was navigating around "The Office" I could only find 9 of the clues to answer. Can someone help me? Thanks

Rachel
    Hi Rachel and welcome to the board!

There is a tenth. You really need to look everywhere... I know that doesn't help. Once you get your post count up (see the FAQ's), feel free to PM me or leave a note on my profile and I'll try to help you.

And most improtantly, please enjoy your time here on the board!

Hello All, Newbie here, I just wanted to say hello to all the other fans out there!!!!!

Hello! My name is Teagan .The first Stephen King book I read was Pet Semetary in the sixth grade and it has forever altered my perspective on what I had considered reality. I am the usual obsessed fanatic, but not the obnoxious kind, so no worries. Just the kind that reads and understands. I would appreciate any help on better navigating the sight and any updates!

Thanks sooooo much!

Hi and welcome to all the members.

Guess who is not doing this anymore. I'll for just reading all his books over and over again.

hello all I am new here.. I really like reading Stephen King's books and hear news for his career so i decided to be a part of this team you have. Hope to get to know you all ..

Smile Re: Newcomers, Please Read...

Hi, Mrs. Smeej and all y'all:

I'm so new I'm still wearing my bubble wrap, and I'm simply dazzled by all the toys on the board to play with.

Wooooooooo-Hooooooooo!

Thanks for worrying about greeting us! It's ok. For the most part we're probably all trying to be unobtrusive and not do anything too dumb. But hi, anyway.

My name is Jay, and I'm thrilled to have found the board. Steve (he's not here, right, so I can call him Steve without the social cringes?) has always been my favorite writer-- scary, not scary, fiction, non-fiction. He just always made sense to me--spoke my lingo. If you want to get hoity-toity and literary we can do that, but nobody can touch the man for writing characters to love and stories to run off into.

In his (ahem) mature career, with books like Lisey's Story and Duma Key, he can stand up to any writer on the strip. We always knew that, but now everybody says so.

So hi, again, and thanks!

Jay

Hi, I'm Minerva, from Dubai, UAE... Thanks for the welcoming message MrsSmeej!
    One of the main reasons for joining this forum is to locate a short story by SK (dunno it's name; but have detailed it below), and the other reasons being to read the enlightening discussions contained herein, and channel my obsessions.

Anyways, the story goes something like this- it's a scifi story, written sometime during the 70s or 80s, dunno when.
    Mankind has invented a way to transport themselves to other parts of the Galaxy and it's like a gateway into which one enters, but the only condition being that one would have to close one's eyes, as the scientists had seen rats and other animals sent into the portal coming out in an extremely aged state.
    So there's this family, y'see, and they're getting into the portal after having dutifuly closed their eyes. But their youngest son, is a curious chap, and he surreptitiously keeps his eyes open. When they arrive on the other side, all of them are safe, and they await their youngest. But when finally comes out, he's incredibly aged, and almost falling apart but cackling with glee something like: "truly it was very long, very long, longer than anyone can imagine...." something like that.
    Now I don't know whether this story was written by SK, or that this story was selected by SK as part of a compendium, dunno what. I've been searching for this story for the past 10 years or so without success, and you'd have guessed by now why I'm here after all, eh?
    Ciao, guys, and I look forward to your response!

Another newbie here. Thanks for the greeting.

My introduction to Mr. King's work was Misery back in 5th grade. Soon after I read everything he had out at the time. (1991)

These last few years I've been out of the loop. Haven't read any of his new books.

Hello all, I am from Canada and I am a big fan, I took a trip to maine to see his house and around and the library. I would like to know if the " UR " will be release for the Sony e reader not just for the kindle. Thank you

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast