Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Newcomers, Please Read... - Page 4

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcomers, Please Read...

Default Re: Newcomers, Please Read...

Hi! This looks like a fine place to spend some time, maybe even become a Resident! Hopefully I won't be eaten by anything snarly or fall into the basement where the Others live...this is a SK site after all so I brought a hat.
    It's a little tattered and has some old tooth marks, it might be possessed, but it seems to fit. Maybe a sandwich too...I'm very much looking forward to poking about and meeting whoever lurks/haunts/roosts/skulks/sips tea here!

LongTallSally Guest

There are times when I could wish all of the newer folks welcome. Life doesn't always play fair.

You are all welcome. Even if I don't get around to saying it, you are most welcome. The complicated web that is my life does get in the way, and on some days I am lucky just to find my way into this haven.

Enjoy the boards. Come and chat with us. Spend some time.

Thank you for the welcome thread. I've started another thread to introduce myself.

Welcome, Welcome, All You Newbies!

hi everyone. I looked around the site it looks great everyone looks so nice.

Hello this is Nancy from the U.K. here.I am an avid Stephen King fan and I am really looking for ward to getting to know and meet discerning and like-minded individuals who appreciate this great man's skill. (gawd you'll be thinking I,m like her out of "Misery" next

Welcome everyone! Long Days And Pleasant Nights!

Quote Originally Posted by nancy cosgrove View Post
    (gawd you'll be thinking I,m like her out of "Misery" next
    Hi,

Worry not, Nancy, we've all gone a bit Annie from time to time LOL

Long days and pleasant nights

Hello to all. My name is Peggy M and I have been searching the web for the past two days, trying to find information about the author Stephen King. I am back in college trying to get my degree in psychology. One of many assignments in English, is to choose an author and write a brief biography. I adore Stephen King's novels, of course, I would choose him to write about. I discovered I knew absolutely nothing about him. Can someone direct me to where I can get specific information about what influenced his writing style, how his novels came to be on screen and why he does a cameo in most if not all of the movies based on his novels?

I really would appreciate the info. My assignment is due by midnight Thursday and I have already burned up valuable hours getting to this site. Thank you.

Peggy, get a copy of Steve's book On Writing A Memoir of the Craft.

He does the cameos when he's asked and has the time in his schedule. He did some acting in college and enjoyed it. For a list of the movies he's been in, go to the FAQ. He really hasn't been in that many.

Usually he is approached to sell film rights and if the offer is acceptable, then it proceeds to the movie. Not sure if that answers your question, but if not, please explain more specifically what part of the process you're unclear about and I'll try to answer.

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast